PDA

View Full Version : Failure to run continously.

r5t2
10-12-2009, 15:18
Ideas needed people. After getting the MOT, the T2 decide it had enough, probably a combo of not running for ages - then having a long trial at the station.

Car ran well - then stopped 1mile and a half after getting the green ticket.

Symptoms are - It turns over and starts but does not continue to run - peters out then splutters before stalling.
It has a spark and I believe fuel is getting to the injectors as it starts. When fuel relay is shorted out, runs for a few seconds longer(doesn't continue to run though).

Any ideas?

Sparkie
10-12-2009, 15:48
Ideas needed people. After getting the MOT, the T2 decide it had enough, probably a combo of not running for ages - then having a long trial at the station.

Car ran well - then stopped 1mile and a half after getting the green ticket.

Symptoms are - It turns over and starts but does not continue to run - peters out then splutters before stalling.
It has a spark and I believe fuel is getting to the injectors as it starts. When fuel relay is shorted out, runs for a few seconds longer(doesn't continue to run though).

Any ideas?

how much fuel is in the tanks?

are your lifter pumps working?

is the fuel clean?

does it run if you keep your foot on the accelerator?

have you checked the fuel pressures? - control pressure and system pressures both cold and hot?

have you checked to see if the cold start injector is working?

try unwinding the hexagonal air bleed screw first of all......

just some things to be getting on with.

r5t2
10-12-2009, 16:14
how much fuel is in the tanks?

are your lifter pumps working? BOTH NEW AND WORKING

is the fuel clean? SHOULD BE BY NOW, FLUSHED AND DILUTED DOWN - ALSO ADDED CLEANERS

does it run if you keep your foot on the accelerator? NO

have you checked the fuel pressures? - control pressure and system pressures both cold and hot? NOT YET

have you checked to see if the cold start injector is working? NOT SURE IT'S BEEN WORKING ALL THIS TIME, IT DID RUN FINE AND IDLE ONCE WARM - BUT NOT WHEN COLD

try unwinding the hexagonal air bleed screw first of all...... IS THAT RIGHT AT HE TOP OF THE ENGINE? ON THE PIPEWORK OR ON THE METERING HEAD?

just some things to be getting on with.
:confused:

Sparkie
10-12-2009, 17:05
the air bleed looks like a bleed valve towards the back of the head, next to the aux air slide valve. - its got 3 hoses off it.

r5t2
13-12-2009, 17:26
I believe it is because the fuel distributor has thrown in the towel, as I have nice, clean high pressure fuel to this point. Beyond the fuel distributor - nout! :sad2:

Sparkie
13-12-2009, 20:27
well, don't forget that the control pressure, controls the amount of fuel out of the fuel distribution block. - so maybe your warm up reg is fubar'd.
however.... steer from the rear - russell crump has one i think for sale?

either that, i think you can take it apart and clean it out. - but you gotta be extra careful about not scratching stuff. there are guidea on the net.