PDA

View Full Version : help with a wire

philg
09-12-2009, 15:44
right guys my gt turbo is basically bare inside, but i have one lot of wires i can not remove, its just behind the drivers seat, and runs through a grommet down to the petrol tank area and pump, i have managed to disconnect one of them but another seems to run of over the top of the tank somewhere?

I really want to get this out to make the painting easier.

Help me :cry:

phil

Markey Mark (BD)
09-12-2009, 15:47
right guys my gt turbo is basically bare inside, but i have one lot of wires i can not remove, its just behind the drivers seat, and runs through a grommet down to the petrol tank area and pump, i have managed to disconnect one of them but another seems to run of over the top of the tank somewhere?

I really want to get this out to make the painting easier.

Help me :cry:

phil

That wiring will go to the sender unit and the reserve tank pump mate

philg
09-12-2009, 16:04
do i need to remove anything toi get to it?

Is that the plastic looking tank right at the back of the car on the drivers side?

Markey Mark (BD)
09-12-2009, 16:06
The plug for the sende unit is under the black plaqstic cover under the rear seat

Yep the tank at the back of the car is the reserve one, there will be a small pump on it.

philg
09-12-2009, 16:10
so that part of the wire splits of into two, i have the cover off not noticed anything, i will have a look at the reserve tank to, do the just both unplug both and pull back through?

Markey Mark (BD)
09-12-2009, 16:25
so that part of the wire splits of into two, i have the cover off not noticed anything, i will have a look at the reserve tank to, do the just both unplug both and pull back through?

The sender unit will have a plug on it with 3 wires coming off of it, yeah they both unplug and will come out the grommit in the car.

baby blue 5
09-12-2009, 16:59
did you digest a haynes manual?? you no everything lol

philg
13-12-2009, 18:23
done this today, thanks guys.

It took me about 4 hrs, the cable would not pull through and got caught in the chassis, i then had nightmares getting the bracket off that holds the pump underneath, i dropped the reserve tank and the main, and then got that dam cable free :)

Phil