PDA

View Full Version : scottish meet in the springtime?

Scottish9Turbo
04-12-2009, 23:11
anyone up for a meeting in the springtime? maybe a meet up at knockhill or something one speed sunday?

i know i'll get the usual "not enough members etc" but surely people can attend rather than just say "acht its too cold for it" we're scottish we LOVE cold!:coffee::laugh:

TINTIN
05-12-2009, 22:59
Why is it so hard to get a Scottish meet???,
Im also a member of MeganeSport.Net & trying to organise a Scottish meet is such a headache, The last two times we only got 6 members showing up out of over 40 Scottish members..... After reading RTOC posts on the same subject im drawn to the conclusion that it also happens with this club!!!
Last year i travelled down south to 5 of the English meet & over 80 members turned out for what was 5 magical weekends......
I think its got to be down to lack of interest or lack of personal funs up here,
Im hoping to meet more members from RTOC, but im starting to think im goin to have to travel down south again...... (",)

Fergie aka tintin

blue mackay
06-12-2009, 08:41
ill be up for knockhill fellas,aslong as im home and not off-shore
about time the scots had something happening!!!
:p

Scottish9Turbo
14-01-2010, 00:38
Why is it so hard to get a Scottish meet???,
Im also a member of MeganeSport.Net & trying to organise a Scottish meet is such a headache, The last two times we only got 6 members showing up out of over 40 Scottish members..... After reading RTOC posts on the same subject im drawn to the conclusion that it also happens with this club!!!
Last year i travelled down south to 5 of the English meet & over 80 members turned out for what was 5 magical weekends......
I think its got to be down to lack of interest or lack of personal funs up here,
Im hoping to meet more members from RTOC, but im starting to think im goin to have to travel down south again...... (",)

Fergie aka tintin

lack of interest outside of forums seems to be the main problem with ALL sites up here, no-one can be arsed travelling at all! seems a waste to do this unless its mentioned "get it up the strip at crail" is in the thread name, which tbh the surface at crail is pathetic and a waste of time imo, much rather spend the cash going to the pod for a 1/4 miler instead.

Scottish9Turbo
16-01-2010, 00:57
anyone now interested in a meet please see the rolling road day thread in same section for more details.

cheers

Rusty
05-07-2010, 03:36
Well spring has passed, did i miss the meet? I've not been on for a while. I'm considering going up to Crail on the 18th, it's not the best surface i agree, but i've not driven the old renault in anger for a long time and drive in the old 5 is long overdue, in fact a scottish meet is long overdue :rolleyes: