PDA

View Full Version : understeer...

markey b
03-12-2009, 19:01
since putting the avo's on my raider its gettin massive understeer if you push it on a rounabout, totally opposite to my orange one which bites in and whips round.

this is a silly question, but how low do avo's go? i've only got 7 threads left on the bottom of the coilovers but its not overly low, also do i soften it up to give it a bit less understeer?

suspension wise its got avo coilovers with std topmounts, strut brace, lowered rear and std shocks on rear.

Adam 005
03-12-2009, 19:10
could be ride hight,spring rate or damping could even be a set of ph1 avos sent by mistake

Os8472
03-12-2009, 19:26
If the ph2 avo's are anythin like ym ph1 jobs u gotta stiffen up the rear alot and the front just a tiny bit, should get the arse sliding in no time

markey b
03-12-2009, 19:28
just thought... could my ditchfinder cheap tyres be the main cause...

also i've got some koni yellow rears so may try them over std ones

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-12-2009, 19:31
Start with about 1mm toe-out at the front.....and check the camber isn't too much....over 2 deg negative on a road car is a bit much.

rs250nut
03-12-2009, 20:48
just thought... could my ditchfinder cheap tyres be the main cause...

also i've got some koni yellow rears so may try them over std ones

If you have quality tyres on one car and **** on the other one car will handle better no matter what chassis mods you have. What are the tyre pressures like?

markey b
03-12-2009, 20:58
If you have quality tyres on one car and **** on the other one car will handle better no matter what chassis mods you have. What are the tyre pressures like?

i have pirelli pzero's on the orange, and who even knows on the raider, they are admiral or something rubbish... plus i havn't checked tyre pressures in ages...

i think i've somewhat missed out the basics!!!! :cartman:

scratcher
03-12-2009, 21:12
i have pirelli pzero's on the orange, and who even knows on the raider, they are admiral or something rubbish... plus i havn't checked tyre pressures in ages...

i think i've somewhat missed out the basics!!!! :cartman:

I'd be looking at the tyres myself... not that I'm a pro.
I had crappy ones on the 5 and it would understeer all over the shop, put a set of Yoko A510's on and it transformed it.

I also really rate the P Zero's. I've got them on the KA... Getting new ones put on tomorrow too :)

markey b
03-12-2009, 21:17
i thought they were poo, they are pzero nero's, but tried some yoko s drives when i borrowed my brothers williams wheels and it was like driving in the wet..

think i'll invest in tyres before suspension... what a schoolboy error, i'll go sit back in the corner (after i check my pressures) :cartman:

scratcher
03-12-2009, 21:55
Do you mean you don't like the Pirelli's?
My A510 tyres are discontinued, when I took it for an MOT and got them fitted, the guys face lit up and he got a bit excited asking where I'd got them from :laugh: Good ol' Ebay.