PDA

View Full Version : driver seats

5alldaway
01-12-2009, 15:53
hi folks, headed up to derby for some bits today off a member from here (wasted trip) and we had a bit of a disagreement regarding the driver seat, the front seats he had in his car both had the reclining handle on the right hand side, which ment the seat in the drivers position had the handle next to the drivers door, anyway he went on and said that every r5 he has had and all his mates at cgb have always had the reclining handles on the right hand side

just wanted some to confirm whether im right or wrong cause its been a very long time since i got rid of my broken drivers seat so i dont exactly remember which side it was on but i was sure it was on the handle was on the left hand side

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-12-2009, 15:58
Think he was right, how else are you to get in the back seat with the handle in the middle???

Where as if it was on the drivers side, one swift pull of the handle will allow you acces to the rear...

5alldaway
01-12-2009, 16:00
hmmmmm im sure as hell the reclining handle was in the middle(left hand side) as for the lever that lifts the whole seat up and forwards is next to the door(right hand side)

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-12-2009, 16:07
You could be right... where was the handle that lifts the seat up?

tobester
01-12-2009, 16:11
If you are refering to the seat back adjustment handle, they should both be in the centre of the car above the exhaust tunnel, next to the seatbelt buckles. :)

5alldaway
01-12-2009, 16:13
lol i didnt check that bit! i was too concerned about the reclining handle being in the middle

im looking up on interiors on pistonheads but no luck so far as the pictures dont show the area i need to see, can someone with a 100% oe r5 step forwards and give me an answer please :)

5alldaway
01-12-2009, 16:14
If you are refering to the seat back adjustment handle, they should both be in the centre of the car above the exhaust tunnel, next to the seatbelt buckles. :)

the man! gold star and blue peter badge on the way over :agree:

Bigfoot
01-12-2009, 16:20

Else its difficult to adjust the seat due to the door cards, some people put passenger seats in the drivers seat side because they are normally easier to find in good condition.

phase i 16 v turbo
01-12-2009, 17:06
You can more the handles, but no five minute job, I have been meaning to do it on a seat for a while now!!!:D

Bigfoot
01-12-2009, 17:08
You can more the handles, but no five minute job, I have been meaning to do it on a seat for a while now!!!:D

You still going to do that on the raider seat I sold you? Gather no luck finding a drivers seat.

Brigsy
01-12-2009, 17:13

:agree: When a passenger seat is fitted to drivers side the handle hits the doorpocket if you try & shut the door when it is tilted forwards.

NayJ
01-12-2009, 17:43
mine are both on the outside to

phase i 16 v turbo
01-12-2009, 17:56
You still going to do that on the raider seat I sold you? Gather no luck finding a drivers seat.

Still looking! I will get round to it.

Mart
01-12-2009, 18:11
Given the rarity that the back-rest is adjusted, does it really matter which side the handle is on?

If the seat itself had been mint, it would've still been worth getting, imho.

In fact, if anyone has a mint ph2 red flick seat for sale, drop me a PM please :)

Bigfoot
01-12-2009, 18:25
Wish I had kept my mint seat of red fleck seats. Sold them for £150 in the end. They came out of a car with less than 20k miles on the clocks then shoved up the loft for years. That did look rather nice :cool:

But if you get a chance with a mint set of seats grab them, they dont come up often and when they do they go for a lot of money. Or if you can find mint set of raider seats, let me know, I have a small catch in the drivers side about 5mm in length :( but might see if they somebody can patch that up.

Brigsy
01-12-2009, 18:32
Ive got a mint condition red fleck drivers seat next to me, migth make it into a computer chair:laugh:

Mart
01-12-2009, 18:38
Feel free to drop me a PM Brigski, if you want to help a fellow northern/southerner on tour rtoc'er :D ;)

5alldaway
01-12-2009, 19:23
Wish I had kept my mint seat of red fleck seats. Sold them for £150 in the end. They came out of a car with less than 20k miles on the clocks then shoved up the loft for years. That did look rather nice :cool:

But if you get a chance with a mint set of seats grab them, they dont come up often and when they do they go for a lot of money. Or if you can find mint set of raider seats, let me know, I have a small catch in the drivers side about 5mm in length :( but might see if they somebody can patch that up.

the chap did have some nice seats, but his attitude put me off to be honest and i wouldnt want to put parts from his car on mine :disagree:

markey b
03-12-2009, 14:33
name and shame!! lol

djinuk
03-12-2009, 14:50
any idea if you can graft the campus subframes onto the turbo seats ? would that not solve the problems ?

TNT Tricky Nicky
03-12-2009, 15:53
From what I gather it's the seat back adjuster not the levers to tilt the seats forward to gain access to the rear as iirc there is one either side of the seat, where as the back adjuster as already said should both be to the center of the car and are part of the seat so changing subframe won't help