PDA

View Full Version : God damn cheap ass mo fo's

J8TRO
30-09-2008, 22:05
Right, on my profile it states under suspension "-60mm I don't know how....but i'll let you know when I have a look!"

Well after having a quick look its not coilovers......Damn LOL

but when I got the phone call today from the garage saying it failed it's MOT cos the front springs have been cut I was mad!:mad: I've heard of pikeys doing the cheap ass modification but please.........how much are 2 springs? it must be more hastle to cut through the originals

So.....can anyone advise a good spring to use, i'd like a 40 to 50mm drop as its sat right down at the back. Anyone got any lying around or can advise a good price to pay?

Ill look into springs/dampers at a later date, I just want it on the road at the mo.....that said if theres a good deal i'll consider it.

It also failed on the downpipe connection, I'm told by the garage it's got the wrong bolts.......I know I can get them from CGB.....does anyone know if i can get them from ECP or GSF?

besides these items i'm good to go. I have lights and a horn now.... they help

wooooooot!:laugh:

tom t
01-10-2008, 07:19
ive ordered from cgb in the morning and they where here next day m8. good service

BriC
01-10-2008, 08:37
Aah, I remember that car on Ebay!

As you say, surely it is more effort arsing about, cutting springs than just buying some lowering springs!?

Talking of pikey things.. I found a sheered off wheel bolt in the offside hub of a Campus I just bought!! They hadn't bothered to get it removed / swap the hub and hence, were only running 3 wheel bolts. Good job I'm gonna be breaking my old Campus :sad2:

Big Steve - Raider
01-10-2008, 08:55
It also failed on the downpipe connection, I'm told by the garage it's got the wrong bolts.......I know I can get them from CGB.....does anyone know if i can get them from ECP or GSF?

Renault maybe??

77 03 027 277 STUD
77 00 701 831 SPACER EXH/COLLAR
77 03 032 048 NUT NT 2001/2139

J8TRO
01-10-2008, 21:54
DOH..........:rolleyes: Thanks Big Man

dave j gtt
01-10-2008, 22:09
Aah, I remember that car on Ebay!

As you say, surely it is more effort arsing about, cutting springs than just buying some lowering springs!?

Talking of pikey things.. I found a sheered off wheel bolt in the offside hub of a Campus I just bought!! They hadn't bothered to get it removed / swap the hub and hence, were only running 3 wheel bolts. Good job I'm gonna be breaking my old Campus :sad2:

nout wrong with three , its when you only have two you need to worry ;)

J8TRO
06-10-2008, 21:53
Right, after putting on one of my winter wheels tonight, I also found out I only had 3 nuts on each wheel! oh it gets better...........

Suppose its a good job i've found out now while still trying to get it on the road.....

Whilst still on about my dodgy cut springs, i'm thinking of getting -35mm springs from CGB, can anyone send me a photo or link to their car or a car they know on std shocks with -35mm springs so I know how it will look? cause mine are cut it could be sat at any height......i just dont know what it is.

I know you can get -55 but imagine them to be utter crap used with a std shock. I plan to upgrade later down the line so the 35mm will be temporary, but would just like to know.....

thanks in advance.

BriC
06-10-2008, 22:21
nout wrong with three , its when you only have two you need to worry ;)

Yeh, but there is. The car is designed for four bolts.. And the fact that one was sheered off and just left shows a SH!TE quality of workmanship over the years!