PDA

View Full Version : What should I do woth my leaky sunroof!

GTphil
29-11-2009, 10:33
As this morning is the only time I have free to work on the car I have decided to sort my leaky sunroof out! :crap: it looks like it's going to piss it down soon too:(

It's an electric one that tilts up and slides over the top of the roof.

I have removed the sunroof and peeled the roof lining back to look for the drain tubes the electric ones are suppost to have and I can't find any anywhere?

So My plan is to stick the sunroof in with tiger seal around the outer seals which apper to be the one that is leaking then once thats all gone off if it still leakes I'm going to seal the glass closed with tiger seal too:wasntme:

The outer seal sits on the roof panal with and overhang of about half an inch then a plastic retaining bracket screws it tight to the roof from the inside of the car

Anybody got any other ideas apart from a new roof:laugh: (I'm not made of money)

J$£5GTT
29-11-2009, 12:07
think i would just do what you said,for the moment anyway,just seal that badboy up,an seal it good,tiger seal,sikaflex an stixall,all good sealants that when gone off there like rubber,i like stixall myself..
:agree::cool: