PDA

View Full Version : bleed valve

redrocket29
29-11-2009, 08:00
hi iv got a bleed valve under the bonit and an in car boost if i wind the one under the bonit out will the one in the car be less sensitive because the valve in the car i used to unwind it round twice for 20psi. but now it only needs to be un wound once for 20 psi. so what im saying is i want it less sensitive in the car as it was befor some one played about with it as its more safe less chance of unwinding it to much and wacking to much boost up.
the one under the bonnit is nearly all the way in an the one in the car only needs one turn for just over 20psi at the min?
iv explaned this as easy as i can.

Mart
29-11-2009, 08:20
Depends how it's plumbed in.

In my experience & opinion, you're better off running the engine without all that gubbins in situ anyway. Decide on a max boost level, set the actuator accordingly, likewise for the carb jetting, and use your right foot to control boost/power.

Bleed valves are notoriously spikey things (boost wise), and you'll find the turbo should spool-up that bit quicker without it (and the incar adjuster) in situ.

redrocket29
29-11-2009, 09:27
Depends how it's plumbed in.

In my experience & opinion, you're better off running the engine without all that gubbins in situ anyway. Decide on a max boost level, set the actuator accordingly, likewise for the carb jetting, and use your right foot to control boost/power.

Bleed valves are notoriously spikey things (boost wise), and you'll find the turbo should spool-up that bit quicker without it (and the incar adjuster) in situ.
thats what i want i want it set at 20 psi what is 194 bhp on mine k tec put it in the bleed valve.
im going to give them a ring cause the turbo is from them get one of there 31 act ftted and thats that. its just a good 3 hours might wait for better weather to drive down or need to find some one good not so far from cambridge way to do it. i just wanted something set for now

Mart
29-11-2009, 10:10
You won't need a -31 for 20psi.

Speak to your area rep' to see if he/she can help, or failing that, I'm sure one of the local rtoc'ers would help if asked nicely.

redrocket29
29-11-2009, 11:55
You won't need a -31 for 20psi.

Speak to your area rep' to see if he/she can help, or failing that, I'm sure one of the local rtoc'ers would help if asked nicely.
how do i find out who it is ? i live cb6 3je

Markey Mark (BD)
29-11-2009, 16:18
If you don't mind driving down my way mate on the weekend i could do it for you, i live in Aylesbury which is in Buckinghamshire. If you haven't had the fueling checked at 20psi before can do that for you too just to make sure its safe.

redrocket29
29-11-2009, 16:55
cheers dude thats well kind off u to offer i had it on the rollers and its fueling well they said rich but said it was fine a month ago or so. k tec done it originally a while back about 1500 miles ago in the end of 2007 or mabe early 2008 but it ant been drivin at all till i got it. i'll get back to ya im going to dump the bleed valve what ever but i want a 31 act what iv red up on the k tec site they sound vary good.

Markey Mark (BD)
29-11-2009, 16:59
What actuator you got now?
Honestly mate, as Mart says no need to go get a -31 if your one will do it.

Word of wisdom mate, just because a tuner says you need it don't mean you do. ;)

Mart
29-11-2009, 17:12
Good of you to offer your help & knowledge, Mark. Top darts mate :agree: :cool:

redrocket29
30-11-2009, 19:51
What actuator you got now?
Honestly mate, as Mart says no need to go get a -31 if your one will do it.

Word of wisdom mate, just because a tuner says you need it don't mean you do. ;)
i got the one the turbo comes with i got a 250 roller bearing k tec turbo up to 30psi so dont bother with the 31