PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Vs Ps3

Rob@Backyardracing
26-11-2009, 21:51
Yes the most talked about subject i bet, which is the better console...

Ok im not a gamer and spend most of my spare time in the garage in the cold or out and about. Thinking of treating myself to a console for xmas..

I feel id sway more to driving games and Forza 3 looks awsome but i beleave its only on the xbox and with the cheaper console price im tempted?? But which console has the best driving games? which is the better unit???

Fight away.....:D

Brigsy
26-11-2009, 21:53
xbox 360 ftw mate;)

Scoff
26-11-2009, 21:55
Bye bye engine build, bye bye HKS series and hello beer gut :D

shaggy
26-11-2009, 22:00
Ive always been a playstation fan plus the ps3 has grand turismo 5 looks sweet

Rob@Backyardracing
26-11-2009, 22:22
Bye bye engine build, bye bye HKS series and hello beer gut :D

Ye ye thats only half of what ive got to do with the New boxster S race series we in next year aswel with work... :scared: :crap: I hate spanners, besides my cage build is passed on over xmas :p

Im working on the beer gut and its more bye bye... we got 20kg at least to shift ;)..... :ashamed:

Matt Cole
26-11-2009, 22:33
Its got to be the xbox mate. The most and cheapest games, hugely supported by Microsoft, better (IMO) gamepads and possibly the demise of Sony making consoles after the cheapy revamp they have just launched in attempt to once and for all make a profit from it. The playstation is still a great piece of kit, but why would you spend an extra £100 for it?

Rob@Backyardracing
26-11-2009, 22:40
So with the xbox what console do you chaps have, the arcade or elite? does the newer console have issues with overheating still????

piglet
26-11-2009, 22:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

So with the xbox what console do you chaps have, the arcade or elite? does the newer console have issues with overheating still????

i had my 360 for 2 years before i sold it with no trouble.

bought a new one for fm3 and this new jasper board fried after a months light playing.

got it replaced from the shop though so all good.

Matt Cole
26-11-2009, 22:48
Microsoft have 'apparently' sorted the overheating issues and i think are now offering 3 years guarantee. As for the version, it depends on what your budget is?

dangerous dave
26-11-2009, 23:09
ps3's the better machine, can do so much other sh1t with it other than just playing games..

thats why i bought an xbox elite... the more stuff i was told the ps3 could do, the less i wanted it.:)

5alldaway
26-11-2009, 23:38
i own both and i spend 90% of my time on the 360, if you plan to stay offline and play on your own then get a ps3, but if you like multiplayer games then go for the 360

ps3 is a better overall machine but the 360 gives you the better experience

JRP
26-11-2009, 23:54
Got a ps3 and x box, i spend alot of time on the xbox, for example i prefer fifa 10 on xbox and wwe raw/smackdown games.

Bonus on xbox bio shock, and assasins creed etc.

They both cover varied genres of games, if you like jap games like me the ps3 is worth while, also for the blu ray.

i still like smacking out the wii for the retro games etc and some new ones :)

minty83
27-11-2009, 01:24
i own both and i spend 90% of my time on the 360, if you plan to stay offline and play on your own then get a ps3, but if you like multiplayer games then go for the 360

ps3 is a better overall machine but the 360 gives you the better experience
I agree with this total... if your just playing solo then ps3... but if you want online game which its all about for me the ps3. Iv owned both and sold the ps3 soon after:coffee:

Noserick
27-11-2009, 07:23
think ur both right but the ps3 is free on line so i actually sold my 360 an just use the ps3 now

tiff_lee
27-11-2009, 10:23
What exactly determines which is 'better'?

If its the processing power of the console the yanks would say PS3
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/11/16/ps3s-replace-costly-pcs-crack-pedo-passwords

GTphil
27-11-2009, 10:39
X-box all day long for me! Most of my mates have x-boxes so it made more sense to get one for on-line games with mates e.t.c.

I belive you can just plug the ps3 in an go straight on-line were as with the x-box you have to get x-box live gold membership about £35 if I'm correct.

As for reliability my x-box is a year old and it's had a fair bit of hammer with no problems, however my brother had two arcade ones and both have broke so he bit the bullet and got an elite. Supposed to be more reliable with a **** load more GB although why you need so much I'm not sure.

Mind you I live on fifa 10 and pretty much don't bother with anything else.

R5GTTURBORAIDER If anybody wants a whipping at fifa!;):cooter:

(just set myself up for a fall there):ashamed:

:edit: An scoff! yes my belly is rather larger than the last time you saw me! :p

Shane P
27-11-2009, 10:56
Supposed to be more reliable with a **** load more GB although why you need so much I'm not sure.

As well as all the music you can put on it, having the big storage alllows you to 'install' games onto the hard drive, making the Xbox access the CD drive less, cutting down on the noise ! And speeding up response time :)

tiff_lee
27-11-2009, 11:09
As of next year Sony are bringing in a subscription service for PSN while keeping a free service which will no doubt be second rate.

Matt Cole
27-11-2009, 13:04
Technically the PS3 should bash the 360, but it doesnt due to ease of coding and third party support. TBH graphically i cant tell the difference.

tiff_lee
27-11-2009, 13:13
Technically the PS3 should bash the 360, but it doesnt due to ease of coding and third party support. TBH graphically i cant tell the difference.
I agree, I think the only games that could be compared say graphically are those specifically for that platform i.e GT5 and Forza 3 but still they both look awesome.

Ron
27-11-2009, 21:37
Rob i had the same idea! I cant be bothered spending every night in a cold garage so got myself a 360!

Big Supes
27-11-2009, 22:31
I've got both and find myself playing on the 360 for games and using the PS3 as a media/blu-ray player.

The PS3 makes a good all-rounder, but if you want the best 'games' console, the 360 (imo) is definitely the one to have... plus, with the release of Zune/Last.FM/Facebook/Sky Television, it's now even branching out into other areas.

Something to bare in mind for the future aswell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

Big Supes
27-11-2009, 22:33
What exactly determines which is 'better'?

If its the processing power of the console the yanks would say PS3
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/11/16/ps3s-replace-costly-pcs-crack-pedo-passwords

I've never really understood the whole "power" argument, as the PS3 only puts out a few games in actual true HD. :confused:

The 360 on the other hand gives the next generation of HD gaming.

tiff_lee
27-11-2009, 22:42
I've never really understood the whole "power" argument, as the PS3 only puts out a few games in actual true HD. :confused:

The 360 on the other hand gives the next generation of HD gaming.
The 'power' is with reference to the processing power and the hardware inside the console although this obviously hasn't transitioned into a better or more popular games platform.

I find the last comment quite funny considering the 360 never even had a hdmi port to begin with.

They both will be around for years to come yet, was only the other day there were saying on the radio this will be one of the longest generations of the current hardware which makes sense considering the amount of time and ridiculous investment in Sonys case.

Big Supes
27-11-2009, 23:05
The 'power' is with reference to the processing power and the hardware inside the console although this obviously hasn't transitioned into a better or more popular games platform.

Yeah, just never understood the point of mentioning it when it actually has a negative impact on the console. It's like PS peeps just like quoting how many processors it's got to prove a point that doesn't exist.

I find the last comment quite funny considering the 360 never even had a hdmi port to begin with.

The component HD AV cable could put out at 1080p though. :)

They both will be around for years to come yet, was only the other day there were saying on the radio this will be one of the longest generations of the current hardware which makes sense considering the amount of time and ridiculous investment in Sonys case.

Yeah, I recall them talking about this on Radio One. I think Project Natal and the almost certain release of the Xbox 520 will be a noticeable jump for Xbox gamers.

Here's another good reason to get a 360:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/wadeuss/BigSupes52.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/wadeuss/BigSupes5.jpg

Forza 3.

:cool:

tiff_lee
28-11-2009, 15:07
The component HD AV cable could put out at 1080p though. :)

The first ones had the hardware but it wasn't possible until a software (dashboard) update and even after that it is still only analogue supposed to digital.
I'm not sure how accurate it is but i've also read that although tv's report to be in 1080p mode with the av cable it is infact a de-interlaced 1080i signal as there isn't enough bandwidth which kind of makes sense.

Anyway none of the above really matters that car is ace, does it drive as good as it looks?

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 16:19
The first ones had the hardware but it wasn't possible until a software (dashboard) update and even after that it is still only analogue supposed to digital.
I'm not sure how accurate it is but i've also read that although tv's report to be in 1080p mode with the av cable it is infact a de-interlaced 1080i signal as there isn't enough bandwidth which kind of makes sense.

Yeah, this does ring a few bells regarding the 1080i signal... tbh, what the true output is remains a bit of grey area to me. MS quote "true HD" using the av cable and I can't say I noticed any difference in picture quality when changing to HDMI.

Anyway none of the above really matters that car is ace, does it drive as good as it looks?

Thanks mate..... it only took me around 8 hours to make the 'S' and the rest of the design. :o:D

I love this car. It's 95% of the time the quickest of the grid and it handles pretty good aswell. :)

The current set up is:

Clio V6 engine transplant
HKS Big single turbo
Uprated...... EVERYTHING.
635 BHP with 280/25R 18's on the rear to help get the power down.

She's a beast...... just had to put "Faster Than A Speeding Bullet" on the back. :D

tiff_lee
28-11-2009, 16:31
You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I dont actually have an xbox or this game but how have you got that car then?
Do you create it within the game?

Admittedly I am looking into getting a 360 as I want Halo:3/ODST/ upcoming Reach and Halo wars none of which I doubt they will release on pc....but if you can do stuff like that on Forza 3 well :p

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 16:47
You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I dont actually have an xbox or this game but how have you got that car then?
Do you create it within the game?

There's 400 cars from 50 manufacturers... each car can be totally customised and tuned. :agree::) You just go to the manufacturer, select the car you want and pay for it with credits you've earned from either your storefront (your own shop) or from the races you've won.

Making the design is a whole different kettle of fish.... you have to start it from scratch, but it doesn't take much to style your car - paint, wheels, body kits etc....

Here's my other gem:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/wadeuss/supes2.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/wadeuss/supes-1.jpg

Admittedly I am looking into getting a 360 as I want Halo:3/ODST/ upcoming Reach and Halo wars none of which I doubt they will release on pc....but if you can do stuff like that on Forza 3 well :p

If you're into your car games, you won't find anything better out there at the moment. :agree:

I used to be a big Halo fan, but the third game never really cut the mustard for me. It's all about the Call Of Duty games now.... but that doesn't mean I'm not looking to Halo Reach.

gtmatt
28-11-2009, 18:07
the xbox is cheap because u have to pay for online monthly , its free on ps3 plus its a blue ray player do so much more .

u played need for speed shift ??? thats a good game

also gt5 is out in march.

u can get a duff xbox cheap , take it bowlers new hard drive and also get it ***** for free games for for £100 :)

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 18:24
It's only £40 per year for the Gold Xbox service, and imo, it's well worth it. The Xbox Live servers are tip top and maintained by Microsoft. The PS3 servers are contracted out to third parties, hence the reason they crashed when Modern Warfare 2 was released. I think you pay for what you get.

I never got into Need For Speed Shift... I found the narrator irritating and when it came to the driving, I felt detached as you can't fully turn off the driver aids. :confused:

Also, I wouldn't recommend chipping a 360 if you're using it online..... MS will ban your ass for eternity. :sad2:

tiff_lee
28-11-2009, 18:29
PSN will have a subscription service soon as per one of my previous posts.

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 18:38
PSN will have a subscription service soon as per one of my previous posts.

What is it with Sony.... it's like they just look to MS for ideas and then copy when their crap can't keep up.

Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining as I benefit either way...

tiff_lee
28-11-2009, 20:03
I think Sony are providing it but either way if it's paid for it should be up to scratch....
also they will be keeping their free online service, just how that is going to work I dont know as it will surely ultimately lead to the free service being second rate.

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 20:06
I get the feeling that the PSN will remain pretty much the same for the freebie users, with additional content to download for premium users.

tiff_lee
28-11-2009, 21:43
ffs i'm now actively looking to buy a 360 right now even though I have half a dozen pc games to start let alone complete!

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 21:45
PMSL :laugh:..... well, be prepared to have no life once you get a wiff of all the must have games on the 360...... still, it's great for sh!tty weekends like this. :D

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 21:47
BTW.... if you do get a 360, keep your eyes peeled for the latest 360 which has the Jasper chipset. It runs a lot cooler and quiter.... there's also a massive reduced risk of the red ring of death apparently.

5alldaway
28-11-2009, 23:34
even if the 360 is as unreliable as death i would happily go out and buy another WHEN mine packs up

i love the call of duty games and the 360 controller suits the game better and overall is better than the ps3 controller, the ps3 anolgue controllers are pants and dont offer the accurate control i like due to the fact that the anologue sticks are positioned very poorly

i keep hearing people go on and on about the ps3 being free online, but i dont mind paying for a better service which is xbox live, theres been times on the original cod4 where i couldnt get myself into a game, formula one is lag city on the ps3 aswell, gran turismo prologue is shocking online

Big Supes
28-11-2009, 23:47
Yeah, I'm with you on the controllers, but kinda put that one down to personal taste.... although, you know when the controllers are sh!te when sony release slip on triggers for R2 and L2 to stop your fingers slipping off.... also when Infinity Ward change the buttons around for the PS3 on COD4 - using R1 and L1 for the primary buttons and the crappy, make-shift triggers for grenades. :crap:

IMO, you can't beat the 360 controller... the positioning of the analogue sticks is perfect. I think the only thing they could better is the D-pad. I prefer the PS3 controllers D-pad.

5alldaway
29-11-2009, 00:10
spot on about the depad bud, i like the ps3 pad for games like tekken and pro evo, i cant play fighting games or footy games with the xbox controller lol

dangerous dave
29-11-2009, 00:11
why doesn't it surprise me that 99.9% of rtoc members choose the machine thats guaranteed to break.. my brother thinks us lot suffer from dumbass logic:confused::wasntme:

5alldaway
29-11-2009, 00:16
i had to send my ps3 off cause it wouldnt read the discs

i was out of warranty by about a week but they still sorted it for free, not bad

but the ps3 is reliable compared to the 360

Big Supes
29-11-2009, 18:44
spot on about the depad bud, i like the ps3 pad for games like tekken and pro evo, i cant play fighting games or footy games with the xbox controller lol

Me too mate. I'm tempted to get the Madcatz Street Fighter 4 arcade-style joystick for beatem-ups.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/mad_catz_street_fighter_iv_fightstick_1-400-400.jpg

why doesn't it surprise me that 99.9% of rtoc members choose the machine thats guaranteed to break.. my brother thinks us lot suffer from dumbass logic:confused::wasntme:

You could say it's like choosing a Renault 5 GT Turbo over a reliable Volvo 940 GL. ;)

tiff_lee
29-11-2009, 19:07
I always like the look of those arcade style joysticks but whenever I bought one I never really used it and went back to the joypad.

Had one of these on the PSX
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2413/2073203819_d9be1fc1be.jpg

and still got two of these boxed

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415YC2FF2XL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Big Supes
29-11-2009, 19:22
Oow, noice Tiff. :cool:

I'd like to play some of the more basic platform games on the arcade joystick, aswell. Shadow Complex on Xbox Live Arcade is a must! :agree:

Whatever happened to the Dreamcast.... I had one... was a good console. :(

tiff_lee
29-11-2009, 19:30
Well I know what happened to mine its under the bed lol for me the arcade sticks on consoles although good quality just wasn't as good as a full jamma cabinet experience.

Big Supes
29-11-2009, 19:33
Yeah.... I suppose for the me it's the nostalgia. Looking forward to getting my hands of Project Natal... being the controller sounds pretty cool.

tiff_lee
29-11-2009, 19:56
Speaking of nostalgia I used to have a full size Daytona USA in my shed, you know the half car and massive rear projection screen! I just tried finding some pics but I must have been that bitter when I flogged it I deleted them....

I always wanted to do the MAME jamma cabinet setup as it was alot more feasible then buying jamma boards, fair enough if you're a collector but my god were they expensive I sold SF2 champion edition for a small fortune.

Incidentally this is still in my shed

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/tiff_lee_photos/DSC00686.jpg

but would prefer something more modern like this
http://www.candy-cabs.com/resources/_wsb_494x697_CandyCab_01.JPG

or a SEGA Naomi cabinet

http://www.davesvideoarcade.co.uk/images/naomicabinet.jpg
(http://www.davesvideoarcade.co.uk/images/naomicabinet.jpg)

Big Supes
29-11-2009, 20:44
Ahh man.... arcade heaven! :cool:

Yeah, I would love to own a retro cabinet! I've got MAME on my laptop, plus a Amiga 500 Emulator, but to own a old skool machine to play them on would be sweet.

Since I was a kid, I've always dreamt of owning this:

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124206977.jpg

Chase Hq Cockpit Arcade Machine.

tiff_lee
29-11-2009, 23:05
The afterburner cockpit ones were always good to with the full movement, I remember when I was a teen how we used to turn it on and off in the arcade to get a quick free ride as it did a pre start cycle.

Anyway back slightly on topic I now started looking at these two offers
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11987326/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-+-Halo-3-ODST/Product.html
http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-with-Forza-3-and-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/~r344758/ (http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-with-Forza-3-and-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/%7Er344758/)
both the same price and from what i've read game definitely stocks jasper board models now not sure about play.
Not interested in MW2 as I have that for the pc although its rapidly gathering dust already.......both defo want forza and halo:odst plus it has reach beta key....

5alldaway
29-11-2009, 23:42
Oow, noice Tiff. :cool:

I'd like to play some of the more basic platform games on the arcade joystick, aswell. Shadow Complex on Xbox Live Arcade is a must! :agree:

Whatever happened to the Dreamcast.... I had one... was a good console. :(

the dreamcast! one of the best consoles ever, sadly everyone was too busy up the playstation bandwagon so it never did as well as it deserved! i still have 3 of these babies :)

lovely joysticks there by the way, altho ive never been a fan of using them, i tend to use the control pads as i was using those from day 1 and found those most comfy to use

its good to see we have a few retro game heads in here :agree:

tiff_lee
08-12-2009, 15:11
i still have 3 of these babies :)

Three dreamcasts? you stockpiling for the apocalypse lol

Well I finally bought a 360 elite if only for just the Halo games which they wont port to PC. I did get forza for it mind and my god how many cars! I have trouble getting through my backlog of pc games to complete let alone tackle that game, mind you jag xj220 classic must have.

Anyone here own both a ps3 and 360? which format do you buy the cross platform releases for like tekken, street fighter etc I quite fancy getting SF2 HD remix and KOF 12 but not sure on which format.
I have always preferred the PS3 pad but can see me taking a liking to the 360 one over time then I guess its a toss up between which one would provide a better online experience?

Kenobi
08-12-2009, 16:12
GET both and a nintendo wii. Then never go the pub again and its all paid for. Yipee!!!

Spooky
08-12-2009, 19:09
Just brought a brand new xbox 360 elite for £200 with 4 games and & controller.

I'd get the xbox, alot more choice in terms of games Id have thought. Online community is massive too.

5alldaway
08-12-2009, 19:22
Just brought a brand new xbox 360 elite for £200 with 4 games and & controller.

I'd get the xbox, alot more choice in terms of games Id have thought. Online community is massive too.

so that means you just put your name down for some rtoc mayhem

add me "RRR GTTURBOBOY"

tiff_lee
08-12-2009, 19:24
Sorry guys i'll just clarify what I meant.

I already had a ps3 but bought the 360 specifically for the halo games pc wont get.
However there are some games I want which are available on both formats and seeing as I have both was struggling to decide which to go for.

5alldaway
08-12-2009, 19:27
Three dreamcasts? you stockpiling for the apocalypse lol

Well I finally bought a 360 elite if only for just the Halo games which they wont port to PC. I did get forza for it mind and my god how many cars! I have trouble getting through my backlog of pc games to complete let alone tackle that game, mind you jag xj220 classic must have.

Anyone here own both a ps3 and 360? which format do you buy the cross platform releases for like tekken, street fighter etc I quite fancy getting SF2 HD remix and KOF 12 but not sure on which format.
I have always preferred the PS3 pad but can see me taking a liking to the 360 one over time then I guess its a toss up between which one would provide a better online experience?

dreamcasts i just keep bumping into them in those cash generator shops going for around £5 each and i feel sorry for them lol!

ahhhhh jaguar xj220, played this on the amiga 500 years ago and i do have very fond memories of it, the thing i noticed most was that the brake lights came on when you braked! i really think the lotus challenge brand needs to be brought back

i own the ps3 and xbox 360, i have street fighter hd on the xbox(cause it came out 1st) street fighter 4 and tekken 6 both on ps3(controller is better)

theres some brilliant games on xbox arcade that the ps3 doesnt have, like street fighter 2 turbo(i have this on xbox) and downloaded sonic 2 last week and the game is simply brilliant, dont make them like this anymore :)

tiff_lee
08-12-2009, 19:37
dreamcasts i just keep bumping into them in those cash generator shops going for around £5 each and i feel sorry for them lol!

ahhhhh jaguar xj220, played this on the amiga 500 years ago and i do have very fond memories of it, the thing i noticed most was that the brake lights came on when you braked! i really think the lotus challenge brand needs to be brought back

£5 bargain! now I can see why, I see one go on ebay a few days ago for £60! he said it was brand new but just looked like a mint boxed one to me.

I'm gonna have to kick the ass out of forza three to get that jag!

I've been tempted to pick up a 60gb PS3 so I can get shot of my ps2 altogether, as I still have quite a few ps2 classic fighters and well i'm too lazy to rig it up.

5alldaway
08-12-2009, 19:40
the capcom generations series on the ps3 is worth a purchase

arcade perfect ports of street fighter 2 series and even final fight :)

the midway treasures is worth a punt also just so you can laugh at pit fighter, my god that game is terrible! and i even have it on my snes :scared: :laugh:

tiff_lee
08-12-2009, 20:40
If you like final fight I highly recommend you check out violent storm!

Actually there are shed loads of capcom side scrolling 2d beat em ups I love, got them all on my pc.

Ross
08-12-2009, 23:06
tiff do you play halo 3 then? i see you got your console for the halo series do you just play for fun or competetively?

tiff_lee
08-12-2009, 23:38
I haven't yet...yeah I bought it specifically for halo3, halo wars and upcoming reach as it looks like none of them will get a pc release. I do a fair bit of fps gaming but usually all on pc including some clan gaming on cod4.

Ross
08-12-2009, 23:46
ah cool well my gt is I2osss i used to play at a pretty high level but have been lazy and not bought odst so havent played much MLG lately but add me if you fancy a game.

markey b
11-12-2009, 00:31
so that means you just put your name down for some rtoc mayhem

add me "RRR GTTURBOBOY"

if ya lucky he'll even sing you a song :laugh:

Big Supes
11-12-2009, 08:12
the dreamcast! one of the best consoles ever, sadly everyone was too busy up the playstation bandwagon so it never did as well as it deserved! i still have 3 of these babies :)

lovely joysticks there by the way, altho ive never been a fan of using them, i tend to use the control pads as i was using those from day 1 and found those most comfy to use

its good to see we have a few retro game heads in here :agree:

Yeah, nail on the head regarding the Dreamcast. Such a shame... Sega haven't quite recovered from that loss.

:(

Sorry guys i'll just clarify what I meant.

I already had a ps3 but bought the 360 specifically for the halo games pc wont get.
However there are some games I want which are available on both formats and seeing as I have both was struggling to decide which to go for.

I think it comes down to a couple of factors: will you be playing it online?... and which controllers do you prefer? For the online, the 360 wins by a mile, imo.

tiff_lee
11-12-2009, 10:28
Yea thats the toss up, I prefer ps3 controllers yet xbox live is superior.

That said I haven't even got an xbox live account yet and probably won't to be honest as the majority of my online gaming is done on my pc, although that may change once I rig the ps3 and xbox up to the 5.1 surround I plan on getting :P

c7borg
14-12-2009, 11:37
It's only £40 per year for the Gold Xbox service, and imo, it's well worth it. The Xbox Live servers are tip top and maintained by Microsoft. The PS3 servers are contracted out to third parties, hence the reason they crashed when Modern Warfare 2 was released. I think you pay for what you get.

And if you buy your 12month subscription from ebay it'll be cheaper I've never paid anymore than £27 :)

I just play MW2 on the 360.. and am quite impressed with the servers, I've not experienced any downtime yet, and the way it automatically picks another host when the connection is bad is brill :niceone: just game after game (when I'm allowed on it that is :) )

tiff_lee
14-12-2009, 12:09
And if you buy your 12month subscription from ebay it'll be cheaper I've never paid anymore than £27 :)

I just play MW2 on the 360.. and am quite impressed with the servers, I've not experienced any downtime yet, and the way it automatically picks another host when the connection is bad is brill :niceone: just game after game (when I'm allowed on it that is :) )
Thanks for the heads up on cheap xbox live subscription.

Being a predominately pc gamer and owner of mw2 on said platform don't talk to me about the online experience ><

Shane P
14-12-2009, 12:25
Same here, the amount of people i kill online on my PC is increasing daily again :)

tiff_lee
14-12-2009, 13:16
I was referring to how dreadful the system is on pc's :crap:

Shane P
14-12-2009, 15:33
I was referring to how dreadful the system is on pc's :crap:

That very much depends on what you play.

TrixNFlix
14-12-2009, 23:47
Im a 360 guy. You lot might appreciate this. What do you do if you have a room, 2m by 2m that is not realy needed as a tiny bedroom. Its 90% finished, but is rather awesome. :cool::D:laugh:

tiff_lee
15-12-2009, 00:47
That stuff on walls sound proofing?

sweet gaming room :agree: just need lazy boy and beer fridge :p

LampsR5
09-01-2010, 15:47
MY XBOX HAS BROKEN AGEN THE PIECE OF !"£$"£!!"$£ !!!!!. 3rd one and it was an elite! !! !! !+! +11111 kwqo;hgrpi nqi-[p 5uyh3=ffg hrfghdtjeek

Big Supes
09-01-2010, 16:01
Wow.... someone's p!ssed or p!ssed.

:D

tiff_lee
09-01-2010, 17:49
I assume it wasn't a jasper elite then?

LampsR5
11-01-2010, 08:15
one red ring, wrapped it up in a towel for 20mins and its fixed itself for now...

Kenobi
11-01-2010, 11:21
Wrapped in a towel?

Kenobi
11-01-2010, 11:22
Im a 360 guy. You lot might appreciate this. What do you do if you have a room, 2m by 2m that is not realy needed as a tiny bedroom. Its 90% finished, but is rather awesome. :cool::D:laugh:

OMG thats awesome. if you get 5 mins post it on www.combinedthreat.co.uk i know a load of guys that would appreciate that.

Big Supes
11-01-2010, 21:06

That's f'in sweet! Nicely done. :D:cool:

Wrapped in a towel?

It's cooks the dry joints and temporarily cures the problem. People do it for the yellow ring of death for the PS3.

Big Supes
11-01-2010, 21:14
big BIG year for the 360 this year!

Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
Mass Effect 2
Halo Reach
Fable 3
Crackdown 2
GAMES ROOM - For the oldskool arcade boys.
PROJECT NATAL CONFIRMED FOR THIS CHRISTMAS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM)

tiff_lee
15-01-2010, 22:59
one red ring, wrapped it up in a towel for 20mins and its fixed itself for now...
ha ha classic fix, some people use a similar method for PS3's with YLOD. However since the PS3 will not stay turned on and generate the required heat to rework/melt/'insert technical term here' the solder they use a hairdrier aimed down the heatsink exhaust.

Sounds dubious I know but some claim it works, just like those who I have read about putting stuff in ovens to fix 'em.

Ill be getting Halo:Reach on 360 one of the reasons I bought it but Mass Effect 2 definitely on my PC.

Oh and supes do you have the 360 duvet pillow set? :p

Big Supes
16-01-2010, 12:06
When people put the PS3 in the 'oven', I think you'll find it's only the internals that go in the oven.... just incase anyone get's any smart ideas. :laugh:

Tiff, do you know if they do the duvet set? It would match my 360 wallpaper. ;):D

Big Supes
16-01-2010, 12:14
Here's my ideal bird...

http://thevandammefans.vandammefan.net/image.php?u=2923&type=sigpic&dateline=1246099324

tiff_lee
16-01-2010, 14:08
ha ha nice one mate!

tonesGTT
16-01-2010, 22:59
Here's my ideal bird...

http://thevandammefans.vandammefan.net/image.php?u=2923&type=sigpic&dateline=1246099324

And the opposite! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3uTvKGOQ

Big Supes
17-01-2010, 12:55
OMFG! What a crazy b!tch..... fit, but crazy. :D

Not really sure how I'd react to that.... it's a scary thought. :mad:

Shane P
17-01-2010, 13:09
OMFG! What a crazy b!tch..... fit, but crazy. :D

Not really sure how I'd react to that.... it's a scary thought. :mad:

Easy, burn the contents of her wardrobe while telling her how much you have secretly wanted to smash her Mum's pie in :D

Big Supes
17-01-2010, 16:19
hahaha that'll do it. :agree::laugh: