PDA

View Full Version : O.e turbo heatshield.

Brigsy
26-11-2009, 13:29
Bought a new turbo heatshield recently for my gtt & theres no hole for the anti-perc fan sensor so i will have to get the holesaw out by the looks of it.

Can anybody help with the location of the sensor? I.e measurements on a picture would be awesome. I dont want to cock it up by fitting it in the wrong place :coffee:

phase i 16 v turbo
26-11-2009, 13:51
There is no hole as Renault no longer supply the holder for the perc fan sensor.

Spooky
26-11-2009, 13:59
It'll look smarter without the sensor above turbo I reckon :)

Brigsy
26-11-2009, 14:01
Aye it would but the anti perc works well & it needs the sensor to work so i have no choice but to drill:eek:

Chris Hebden
26-11-2009, 14:05
Aye it would but the anti perc works well & it needs the sensor to work so i have but no choice but to drill:eek:

Doesnt the sensor at the base of the carb work?

Brigsy
26-11-2009, 14:08
Ill be honest im not 100% sure what that sensor does, all i know if you pull a wire off the one above the turbo the anti perc always goes off.

Chris Hebden
26-11-2009, 14:10
As far as i know the sensor at the base of the carb does the same thing. I used to have that sensor and the sensor on top of the turbo wired together but eventually found out the carb sensor doesnt work so i cut these wires out and just used the one at the top of the turbo.

Sorry to go off a litte bit, but like Sukhi, i think it would look much nicer without the sensor if you can use another one!

Brigsy
26-11-2009, 14:23
I see where your coming from mate, The engine bay with all the original bits fitted does look a bit on the cluttered side. The engine loom is in vgc & the sensor works so ill be grudged chopping the loom.

Im after the full o.e look so it will be fitted. Im tempted to copy off the kevlar bb jobby i have fitted at the moment it must be somewhere near?

Hoolio
26-11-2009, 14:31
Any help? (is this the one you mean)

Shane P
26-11-2009, 14:33
Im tempted to copy off the kevlar bb jobby i have fitted at the moment it must be somewhere near?

As in make metal copies?

Spooky
26-11-2009, 14:36
Those sensors are just thermal switches. They will close circuit after a predetermined point as you know lol

Perc fan, blimey, haven't heard one of those for ages, must try one again :coffee:

Chris Hebden
26-11-2009, 14:40
I see where your coming from mate, The engine bay with all the original bits fitted does look a bit on the cluttered side. The engine loom is in vgc & the sensor works so ill be grudged chopping the loom.

Im after the full o.e look so it will be fitted. Im tempted to copy off the kevlar bb jobby i have fitted at the moment it must be somewhere near?

Ah, good work then mate :agree:!

Looking at Hoolio's pics and comparing that to my BB Kevlar heat shield, my switch seems to be located just to the N/S of the heatshield

tonesGTT
26-11-2009, 16:39
Same angle as Hoolios but a slightly bigger file size.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=23&pictureid=8954

Big Steve - Raider
26-11-2009, 19:49
I've not yet drilled my Heatshield & fitted a perc fan sensor as i'm of the opinion that OF COURSE the sensor's going to be hot & trigger the fan as it's right above the friggin Turbo! :rolleyes:

My car's just running the perc fan sensor on the bottom of the carb & works a treat! :coffee: