PDA

View Full Version : Heater hoses

RAGOONEY
24-11-2009, 13:17
I have taken my heater controls out to replace with gauges. The car is not really used over winter so a heater is not required. I take it's ok to run the car without the 2 heater matrix hoses and block it up at the header tank and swirl pot? Less hoses less chance of a leak I guess:)

rs250nut
24-11-2009, 13:34
I have taken my heater controls out to replace with gauges. The car is not really used over winter so a heater is not required. I take it's ok to run the car without the 2 heater matrix hoses and block it up at the header tank and swirl pot? Less hoses less chance of a leak I guess:)

The best way to do it would be to re-locate the header tank to the scuttle so you only have a short hose run, or you could just join the hoses at the heater matrix.

tobester
24-11-2009, 17:48
Hi mate, I removed my heater matrix and associated hosing, relocating the header tank behind the O/S headlamp makes the process so much easier/tidier, I used both top water pump connections for the header tank/degassing chamber and eliminated the matrix hoses completely. I also cut the bottom of the heater box off and fibreglassed the bottom shut so I still have a screen demister (albeit rather slow). I've now used the heater matrix holes in the bulk head as my engine wiring loom entry point. :)