PDA

View Full Version : How to take it off.. Exhaust bracket prob

Slim
21-11-2009, 17:23
Can anyone help or advise me?

In the middle of the car there is some sort of bolt attaching the exhaust to the bracket witch is attatched to the car.. but its broke.. after getting stuck on a road hump and trying to drive off (pretty violenty.. i had to cos there was traffic behind :cry:)

does anyone know if these bracket things are available to buy?? and how do i get the nut off the top??? i cant fit any spanners there or rachet! doesn anyone know what im going on about? lol :scratch: :(

my exhaust is only held up by my axle now and the back box mount :(

Brigsy
21-11-2009, 17:38
Like this by any chance? The side exit hangers are mini cotton reel style hangers, available from any motorfactors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-mini-cotton-reel-exhaust-mounting-New_W0QQitemZ400070970316QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5d26168bcc

J$£5GTT
21-11-2009, 17:38
you have a side exit?...and you mean the bracket/bolt that goes near wear the handbrake cables are?

Slim
21-11-2009, 17:56
Like this by any chance? The side exit hangers are mini cotton reel style hangers, available from any motorfactors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-mini-cotton-reel-exhaust-mounting-New_W0QQitemZ400070970316QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5d26168bcc

no its a k-tec center exit... apparently the same system as side exit erhem..

ye thats the git!! how the hell do i take th nut off the top??? :scratch:

Slim
21-11-2009, 17:58
motorfactors?? whats that?

whats all this about side exit??? :scratch:

J$£5GTT
21-11-2009, 18:11
so the buffer has come away then?,leaving the other half on the car?,your going to need a small an very slim spanner to make access easier an some pliers/molegrips to hold the gromit half,thats what i have done in past anyway.

well the side exit uses an existing mounting point under the car which uses the buffer which brigsy shows you linky for..???

Slim
21-11-2009, 18:16
so the buffer has come away then?,leaving the other half on the car?,your going to need a small an very slim spanner to make access easier an some pliers/molegrips to hold the gromit half,thats what i have done in past anyway.

well the side exit uses an existing mounting point under the car which uses the buffer which brigsy shows you linky for..???

ye thats wats happend... so my system is like the side exit?? i was told i could convert it to side exit :S

thanks for the rapid response tho guys :) :agree: