PDA

View Full Version : in line fuel filter

5alldaway
21-11-2009, 02:00
hey folks, been looking to service the gtt this weekend, and ordered a fuel filter from a renault main dealer, what i recieved was an inline fuel filter, will this be ok to do the job of the normal cylinder type filter?

cheers

Mart
21-11-2009, 07:33
The o.e filter is in-line? Unless you mean you've received a plastic type that locates near the carb on n/a engines? If so, don't fit it.

djinuk
21-11-2009, 11:59
I had a paint trying to get the correct one and kept getting plastic, im sure in the end i had the 1.7 gtx one and it was correct.. (metal)

5alldaway
21-11-2009, 15:49
The o.e filter is in-line? Unless you mean you've received a plastic type that locates near the carb on n/a engines? If so, don't fit it.

its the small plastic see through one that gets used on carb engines, i guess i will be taking this back then

cheers

5alldaway
21-11-2009, 15:51
I had a paint trying to get the correct one and kept getting plastic, im sure in the end i had the 1.7 gtx one and it was correct.. (metal)

yep the metal one, i said to the guy behind the counter "is this the renault 5 gt turbo one" and he was adamant it was the right one so i was just thinking whether renault had redesigned it something

cheers

redrocket29
21-11-2009, 18:09
yep the metal one, i said to the guy behind the counter "is this the renault 5 gt turbo one" and he was adamant it was the right one so i was just thinking whether renault had redesigned it something

cheers
i must say mate your car looks mint i wish i had the stickers on mine

5alldaway
22-11-2009, 04:49
i must say mate your car looks mint i wish i had the stickers on mine

the stickers make the difference, the pics lie very well :D