PDA

View Full Version : Dellorto dhla 45m

rs250nut
20-11-2009, 15:45
Has anyone on here tryed using one? Or for that matter any other carb that can be used for a turbo application. These were used on the esprit turbos back in the day and were said to be the most advanced carbs before carbs were generally killed off in 1992. If I were to make an inlet mainfold for one would I be right in thinking that the volume of each runner should be equal to the cc of each combustion chamber?

gtmatt
20-11-2009, 15:49
1 member on here , is running a lancia carb on his car:)

also another member has used bike carbs:)

Sparkie
20-11-2009, 17:03
not to pi$$ on your chips, but these are side draft carbs....

you will not be able to fit them in the space between an inlet manifold and the bulkhead.

rs250nut
20-11-2009, 18:16
not to pi$$ on your chips, but these are side draft carbs....

you will not be able to fit them in the space between an inlet manifold and the bulkhead.

Even if my scuttle panel is removed? I've not had a chance to have a proper look yet but maybe your right and I have failed before I got started.

michael tierney
20-11-2009, 18:59
if the carb is model specific then u wont get it to run right,the progression holes will be too big(suited to a 500cc cylinder)as soon as u open the throttle it will go too lean,i've been there and tryed it with dcnf's!!:(

rs250nut
21-11-2009, 08:55
if the carb is model specific then u wont get it to run right,the progression holes will be too big(suited to a 500cc cylinder)as soon as u open the throttle it will go too lean,i've been there and tryed it with dcnf's!!:(

Thats why I though of using one instead of a pair, there are **** loads of diffrent venturis, jets, tubes available.

Andrew Cooke
21-11-2009, 09:28
Thats why I though of using one instead of a pair, there are **** loads of diffrent venturis, jets, tubes available.

I recall a guy using them on a Gordini conversion, I don't recall it running well. If you're going to all that bother fuel inject it, it'll be cheaper, easier, and will give better results.

michael tierney
21-11-2009, 09:36
it wont make any difference using one barrell for 1 or 2 cylinders....only 1 cyl is fed at any time(only 1 cyl. draws fuel at a time!!):)