PDA

View Full Version : doors wont open with central locking

LampsR5
18-11-2009, 16:56
Hey guys, recently noticed my doors wont open with my key fob, and as my car is de locked ive now had to revert to using the 'back door' also known as the boot to get in.

ive changed the batterys in the key fob and also sprayed some wd40 on the sensor chip connections but its still the same, it will lock fine but when i press the button to unlock them the doors act like there isnt enough power.

any1 else had this issue?

tonesGTT
18-11-2009, 16:59
any1 else had this issue?

Almost everyone :( correctly working fobs are like rocking horse poo!

Sorry, thought you might be talking about the original fobs? :ashamed:

djinuk
18-11-2009, 17:00
is the button in the remote ok ? , i had similar problem when the button got gunk on the contact on my fob, had to take it all apart and clean it up. (this was with a clifford alarm fob)

jonnyshaw49
18-11-2009, 17:15
hi mate i had this problem the other week, i had the door cards off and the central locking wouldnt activate the door pins, all i did was unplug the plug to the motor clean them put it back together, made sure batt was fully charged they still wouldnt work, so put an electrical tester from an earth to the live on the plug pressed the centre console lock buttons and it all started working, it was if id give it a little booster. but now they work fine.