PDA

View Full Version : anyone on here ever owned a subaru impreza 2000 turbo???

Blick
17-11-2009, 15:19
just wonderin what sorta mpg these cars do in standard form??? sold my 5 and bought a williams2 but think at some point next yr im gonna need somethin with a turbo again. few cars on my mind at the minute this bein 1 of them.

Jay
17-11-2009, 15:33
Yeah i've got 1, had it almost a year now after my 5 got written off.
I know this isnt really very helpfull as i've never bothered to work out the mpg since i've had it :crap:
Athough when i was using my 5 ( exhaust, filter and 14p.s.i ) everyday i was putting £35 a week of normal unleaded in. In the scooby i'm putting in £35 a week of super unleaded in and doing similar mileage.
Im filling up tommorow ( Wed ) so if you give me till next Wednesday i'll work out the mpg then.
Jay

Blick
17-11-2009, 17:08
Yeah i've got 1, had it almost a year now after my 5 got written off.
I know this isnt really very helpfull as i've never bothered to work out the mpg since i've had it :crap:
Athough when i was using my 5 ( exhaust, filter and 14p.s.i ) everyday i was putting £35 a week of normal unleaded in. In the scooby i'm putting in £35 a week of super unleaded in and doing similar mileage.
Im filling up tommorow ( Wed ) so if you give me till next Wednesday i'll work out the mpg then.
Jay

if you could mate that would be sound!!! :agree: if its close to the 5 thats not 2 bad. my 5 was pretty crap on fuel but i could cope with it as my everyday car. just wasnt very practical at the time of sale 4 what i needed it 4.....

how reliable has she been??

Jay
17-11-2009, 18:10
Reliability wise good and bad. Good as in from late december to july it was faultless, nothing at all, not even little trivial things . Nothing like the renault which always seemed to have at least 3 faults wrong with it no matter how much you try to keep on top of them, even if it is just something stupid like a dodgy oil pressure gauge its still a fault.
Then in July the bottom end started knocking which ended up costing me £2470 for a completely rebuilt engine including fitting at a company called A.P.I.
I could have got it done cheaper elsewhere but they're the best so it went to them.
So yeah even with my rather expensive suprise overall im happy with the reliability, its nice just to be able to get in and drive it how i want without having to worry if its going to get me to work the next morning.

Jay

P.S Its probably worth adding that the engine failure may have been brought on by me taking a completely standard 100, 000 mile 10 year old car and changing the filter, fuel pump, exhaust (incl. both decats ) and changing the ecu and getting it mapped all in a short space of time. :ashamed:

P.P.S Why do you want a Turbo 2000 specifically, insurance ?

HULK
17-11-2009, 21:03
Ste, as you know i went from a clio williams to a Impreza WRX V-limited, the difference in Performance in Huge, but sadly so is the running costs, However the Wrx and Sti are a very different animal to the turbo 2000 and to be fair the uk spec Impreza would be slightly cheaper to run due to the fact it has the smaller td04 blower compared to the jap scoobs and it has a different ecu and smaller injectors which is mapped for uk unleaded fuel, whilst the wrx and stis have the td05 turbo, bigger injectors and are mapped for 100ron japanese fuel so you MUST use v-power etc, plus octane booster, they are very thirsty cars in my experiance

To put it into context i would say that my Impreza, mildly tuned (305bhp) would easily use twice the fuel that my williams would.

On the plus side, classic Imprezas are going for next to nothing nowadays, look on pistonheads theres litrally hundreds for sale, but theres alot of dogs out there, have a good browse on scoobynet the best ones for sale are usually on there:agree:

Blick
17-11-2009, 22:08
Reliability wise good and bad. Good as in from late december to july it was faultless, nothing at all, not even little trivial things . Nothing like the renault which always seemed to have at least 3 faults wrong with it no matter how much you try to keep on top of them, even if it is just something stupid like a dodgy oil pressure gauge its still a fault.
Then in July the bottom end started knocking which ended up costing me £2470 for a completely rebuilt engine including fitting at a company called A.P.I.
I could have got it done cheaper elsewhere but they're the best so it went to them.
So yeah even with my rather expensive suprise overall im happy with the reliability, its nice just to be able to get in and drive it how i want without having to worry if its going to get me to work the next morning.

Jay

P.S Its probably worth adding that the engine failure may have been brought on by me taking a completely standard 100, 000 mile 10 year old car and changing the filter, fuel pump, exhaust (incl. both decats ) and changing the ecu and getting it mapped all in a short space of time. :ashamed:

P.P.S Why do you want a Turbo 2000 specifically, insurance ?

cheers mate i`ll take that all that onbord!!! yeah insurance mainly and the cost of the car 2 run.

would love an rb5 if i had2 pick 1 mind :agree:

Blick
17-11-2009, 22:12
Ste, as you know i went from a clio williams to a Impreza WRX V-limited, the difference in Performance in Huge, but sadly so is the running costs, However the Wrx and Sti are a very different animal to the turbo 2000 and to be fair the uk spec Impreza would be slightly cheaper to run due to the fact it has the smaller td04 blower compared to the jap scoobs and it has a different ecu and smaller injectors which is mapped for uk unleaded fuel, whilst the wrx and stis have the td05 turbo, bigger injectors and are mapped for 100ron japanese fuel so you MUST use v-power etc, plus octane booster, they are very thirsty cars in my experiance

To put it into context i would say that my Impreza, mildly tuned (305bhp) would easily use twice the fuel that my williams would.

On the plus side, classic Imprezas are going for next to nothing nowadays, look on pistonheads theres litrally hundreds for sale, but theres alot of dogs out there, have a good browse on scoobynet the best ones for sale are usually on there:agree:

its really hard to decide what car 2 go4 next as i do like the williams and it is very reliable and does good mpg but i really miss havin a turbo :cry:

its not gonnabe till the start of next summer untill i want2 change anyways. haha keep it simple through the winter :laugh: dont wanna be pissin about on cold days like with the 5. :cooter:

Sy5GTT
17-11-2009, 22:24
I've got a UK Wagon. It's a beast of a car. Not sure the MPG but £65 of V power gets me 380 miles. I do miss the fix it yourself part of owning a 5. Mines in for a cambelt, rollers and full service. £900....:cry::laugh:

Mines a MY99 so has the 440 injector's which are good for 350bhp. An uprated fuel pump and re-map would see me at 300bhp with no mod's. You'll need to spend at least 3k for a half decent one. :agree:

Blick
17-11-2009, 22:27
I've got a UK Wagon. It's a beast of a car. Not sure the MPG but £65 of V power gets me 380 miles. I do miss the fix it yourself part of owning a 5. Mines in for a cambelt, rollers and full service. £900....:cry::laugh:

380 miles out of 65 notes is not to bad 4 a scooby!!! :agree: did enjoy some of the fix it yourself parts of the 5, just when your on your way2 work and it happens you just dont need it do ya. haha perfect wknd thrash car!!! if only i could of funded 2 cars :agree:

Jay
27-11-2009, 12:23
Bit later than i said i know but i got 157 miles to £35 of tesco super @ £114.9.
Bit worse than Sy5GTT but then my cars not standard and i have been known to enjoy the odd spirited drive ;)

Spooky
27-11-2009, 12:29
How much per litre ? :wasntme: :eek: :laugh:

JRP
27-11-2009, 12:38
Bit later than i said i know but i got 157 miles to £35 of tesco super @ £114.9.
Bit worse than Sy5GTT but then my cars not standard and i have been known to enjoy the odd spirited drive ;)

Expensive fuel man!!!

Sy5GTT
27-11-2009, 12:53
How much per litre ? :wasntme: :eek: :laugh:

99 ron. You should try it. You might like it..:agree:

Blick
27-11-2009, 12:56
cheers for that :agree: we really could do with fuel prices coming down couldnt we!? :cry::cooter:

think i was only getting 250miles to a full tank in my 5 anyways. my williams now is doin 300.

so your doin roughly 23mpg ish.....!? :p

Ricardo
27-11-2009, 13:03
You've gotta expect to be at the pumps more often if you wanna own a car with mid 200-300bhp and on 98-99RON :D

My Volvo 850R driven conservatively on Shell 99 would give me 150 miles for £30, 200 miles for £40. Loud pedal driving i,ve seen 40 miles to £10

Happy days in the Clio, £30 and i can get about 240 miles

Spooky
27-11-2009, 13:05
I do...its 112p/ltr in Swindon :cooter: :D

Ricardo
27-11-2009, 13:07

95RON £1.05 :cooter: :cool:

Sy5GTT
27-11-2009, 13:19

The last tank of V Power I got was £1.15. Bet it's gone up now.:crap:

Spooky
27-11-2009, 13:21
This morning the pump was 112p...robbing dogs :disagree:

The new Bill J
27-11-2009, 13:39
I've just paid 115.9 :cry:

Mart
27-11-2009, 13:43
Sounds like you need a PMT 95ron remap Billy boy :)

The new Bill J
27-11-2009, 13:52
Sounds like you need a PMT 95ron remap Billy boy :)

I need something mate. It's getting expensive at less than 200 miles to a tank, for every day driving :D

I might drive with a bucket on the tailpipe. Although I'm not sure which would be bigger :laugh:

Sam M
27-11-2009, 16:21
The Mrs gets 300miles to about 50quid on her 98 STi, but then it doesnt hit BOOST that often :sad2:

I average about 200miles to 42quid in the GTiR, and no doupt it`ll get worse, ill just have to cut down on Big Tastys a couple of times a week to pay for the extra fuel. :D