PDA

View Full Version : Straight Through exhaust??

Slim
15-11-2009, 14:56
Hi everyone and anyone..

I need some advice about my exhaust.

I have a k-tec exhaust.. twin center exit one. The k-tec exhaust for some reason hast there silencer box or whatever it is in the middle of the car.. so not a good recipe for very low 5's and road humps.

The middle box has been bashed about so much.. and now it has a hole... i think its a poor design really.

What i want to know is .. can i remove this middle box and just have a pipe going all the way throught to the back?? I would like to know if anyone has done similar? or how it sounds?? is it legal???

Thanks..

Slim.

steveR5GTT
15-11-2009, 15:02
my brother has a 2.5" turbo back no boxes sidey and its silly loud, im amazed he hasnt been stopped for it tbh but that mite have sumit to do with the lack of time it actually spends on the rd

put it this was a bike had to bk off from beside the car whist they were havin a lil run on a private road due to it was to loud and he couldnt cope no more lol

so tbh i think for everyday or regular uses u mite find it makes the car to loud mate

tiff_lee
15-11-2009, 15:12
My scorpion exhaust system consists of just a backbox and so did the one I had on my old RS Turbo although that was mind numbingly loud on long journeys.

Slim
15-11-2009, 15:14
well its so loud atm anyway!!.

wont it just sound like a side exit??

The new Bill J
15-11-2009, 15:23
wont it just sound like a side exit??

No, because a side exit has that 'silencer box or whatever it is in the middle of the car..', which just happens to quieten it a bit. If you mean a side exit with no silencer, then yes, it will sound similar.

Slim
15-11-2009, 15:29
hmmm. ok thanks..

can i js weld the whole in the silencer??