PDA

View Full Version : Dash Dials/gauge

raj
14-11-2009, 21:43
ok so ive got the fresh new orange replacement dials, thats all good.:agree:
BUT....i have a problem:crap:..

its the oil pressure gauge! its not working:sad2: its either the gauge OR the maybe the pressure sensor at the bottom of the turbo oil feed pipe. how can i tell which one is at fault.??

IF i turns out to be the gauge, is there any fix for this? id rather not replace the gauge with an aftermarket one as i would like it to actually work.

at the mo i dont see the point in fitting the new orange dials if one of the dial doesnt even work:crap:

Brigsy
14-11-2009, 21:58
Could be either. Process of elimination to test it im afraid!

If the oil light/level is working the sender might be working.

To test the gauge you can short the wire out to see if the gauge moves. This will only give you an indication of if the gauge actually does anything though. Dont rule out the connector from doom check the wiring.

I personally think the gauges wear out in the normal 3-4 bar region, as i have tried 3 recently & 2 worked fine from cold (5bar) but linger around the 2bar when hot & wont go any higher. The decent one showed a fair reading of 3 1/2 bar, but then the gauges are probably not very accurate from new:crap:

Try a bang on the clock face that may wake it up a bit:D

P.s the engine is fine before somebody says the oil pressure is duff :laugh: i have checked it with an aftermarket gauge.

raj
14-11-2009, 22:24
how do i short the wires? do i just bridge a wire from each connector on the sensor.?

also, you mentioned the connector of doom. which reminded me... ive had a problem with a few of the spades pulling themselves out from within there fixed position within the connector block(male side).
just wondering, has anyone replaced the connector of doom with something else? i thought about bullet connector but surely there will be too many all buched up together:crap: and i can find any type of replacement connector block either:scratch: