PDA

View Full Version : Fixed parking notice - National Clamps

Alex
29-09-2008, 23:54
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company?

My girlfriend parked up in the local car park, bought a ticket, displayed it, and then went off shopping.

When she returned she had a Penalty charge notice on her car for £80! It appears the ticket fell from her dashboard/window while she was away - not really her fault. It was still valid when the Penalty charge was given, but obviously the ticket monkey couldn't see it...

She's taken a copy of the ticket she bought and has wrote a letter to National Clamps explaining the situation. What do you think her chances are? :sad2:

raj
30-09-2008, 00:13
shouldnt have a problem as she has proof of payment to use the car park.

Alex
30-09-2008, 00:15
I though that but what about the fact she wasn't displaying the ticket? (well she was, but it fell off!)

raj
30-09-2008, 00:20
well its not her fault the adhesive on the back of the ticket was rubbish ;)

i wouldnt worry about it. you have proof,thats the main thing.

Ross99
30-09-2008, 00:27
mate dont fancy your chances there's national monkeys, its marked on most car parks to display your ticket so they have a brick wall there dude, the only thing that can be done is argue that it was in fact on display, and they missed it.

parking attandents are issued with digital cameras to use as evidence there not.

Alex
30-09-2008, 00:32
Apparently they have photographic evidence the car wasn't displaying the ticket :crap:

I'm wondering what exactly they'll do if it's deemed we have to pay and we don't/won't?

Chris Hebden
30-09-2008, 09:16
The best way is if you get in touch with the people who issued the ticket and have a quiet word with them, its your best chance! It happened to me, i found the ticket on the floor of my car and went and saw them straight away, before i left the car park, even though i new i was in the wrong it was worth a go, they did lesson the fine quite alot!