PDA

View Full Version : what size bolt?

NayJ
08-11-2009, 13:21
done the cup mod on my car yesterday because the long metal pipe that goes into the back of the turbo has broken inside the brass bolt, so now i have exaust gases comin out of it and losin back pressure, what size bolt is it and does it have to be brass?? ta

Scoff
08-11-2009, 13:40
there's no harm in loosing back pressure, thats exactly what you want, but OK, you probably don't want the car to sound like a tractor. Old wheel bolt sometimes fits (ish), to get you going. The thread is M12x1.0mm or something odd like that. It doesn't have to be brass, you're just blocking the hole.

dave j gtt
08-11-2009, 13:47
As Scoff said old wheel bolt and the i welded round it ;)

michael tierney
08-11-2009, 13:47
drill pipe in the brass fitting,put a good piece of pipe back into it and crimp one end and flare the other slightly and it will be a good stopper!

NayJ
09-11-2009, 18:00
have i gota cut it down at all cus wheel bolts are long, wont it go to far inside and affect the turbo in any way, also is it any wheel bolt or just r5?

dave j gtt
10-11-2009, 23:09
the wheel bolt i used was of a vauxhall cavalier or r5 gtt am unsure. i didnt cut it i screwed it in and welded round it ;) then i was going to cut off at later date but didnt bother