PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

LampsR5
07-11-2009, 12:24
Had this game for 3 days now, and all im going to say is...WOW.

You guys are going to fooking love this game! You now have a new game mode which is co-op called spec ops which you can play offline or online with friends or you could do it on your own. This includes missions like snowmobile racing or sabotaging a russian airbase whilst in a blizzard, sneaking around with silenced shotguns/snipers/mp5s etc.

Other missions include hostage situations and fighting throughout airports and prisons. (the shower room from out of the Rock the film with sean connery and nicolas cage are included in a level) - Ace.

****load more maps included in multiplayer and the amount of add ons for guns are mind blowing! there is so much stuff you can get its got more content than all of the previous cods put together. by far the best cod and best shoot em up game ever.

Havent really played campaign yet as we have been going through spec ops completing the missions on veteran and unlocking achievements :PPP raw.

Splitscreen is a right laugh and also they have now introduced an option to play in 3rd person! eek lil bit wierd for the most anticipated first person shooter of the year but still pulled it off. P.s if you play split screen you can rank up

all in all superb

anymore questions just throw them at me in this thread :)
my xbox is flashed so i can play copied games, £4 a game...cant beat it. Only thing is i cant go on live until its released a week from now.

Matt Cole
07-11-2009, 13:27
im looking at getting this for the PC which i understand to be the daddy VERSION!!:D

Hoolio
07-11-2009, 14:26
Pretty furious about this, as a retailer I have had to jump through hoops promising (to the point of signing a contract) not to sell this before it's release next week and it's fairly obvious from the forums that the etailers are shipping very early when i've not even received mine yet:mad:

Ashy
07-11-2009, 14:53
im looking at getting this for the PC which i understand to be the daddy VERSION!!:D

Its on pre order with the wife for Crimbo!! Will have to shoot you online when I'm up and running matt!

Matt Cole
07-11-2009, 14:57
Its on pre order with the wife for Crimbo!! Will have to shoot you online when I'm up and running matt!

Bet i gun ya ass down first!!

Looser buys lunch!?:D

Matt Cole
07-11-2009, 14:57
The best game ever will be left 4 dead 2!! Cant wait for it as the first one was awesome!:agree:

LampsR5
07-11-2009, 16:10
im not playing a retail copy....i have a chipped xbox which plays copied games my modern warfare 2 copy is a copied disc

Hoolio
07-11-2009, 16:34
im not playing a retail copy....i have a chipped xbox which plays copied games my modern warfare 2 copy is a copied disc

Aaaah, my point still stands though.

Kenobi
07-11-2009, 17:52
Now i am the master..................

SP33DY
07-11-2009, 19:06
Steady away lads, me and a number of people I know have been evicted from the big brother xbox live.

There seems to be a massive clamp down so be warned the next time you go on live could be tha last.:cry:

Guess I'll be getting a new xbox.

5alldaway
08-11-2009, 12:55
Steady away lads, me and a number of people I know have been evicted from the big brother xbox live.

There seems to be a massive clamp down so be warned the next time you go on live could be tha last.:cry:

Guess I'll be getting a new xbox.

all you have to do is get a new profile

lamps you can have all the practise you can get, cause you will need it against me hehe :laugh:

SP33DY
08-11-2009, 13:43
My consoles been banned not my profile

MattChester
08-11-2009, 17:44
Cant wait for this :smokin:

Thought I was on to a winner when I got an email off game on the 4th saying my preorder had been dispatched! Only to find that the courier was holding it untill the day of release before delivering :laugh: Oh well

HIPPOSHIPPO1969
12-11-2009, 16:39
im one of the sados who stood outside game a 12 midnight to pick me copy up. hay ho

dangerous dave
12-11-2009, 21:14
What have people been been paying for it, my mummy works at sainsburys and there letting them go for 27 beans. She's picking me up a copy tomorrow as she thought I had a ps3 when I'm an xbox owner. Doh

Logg
12-11-2009, 21:37
What have people been been paying for it, my mummy works at sainsburys and there letting them go for 27 beans. She's picking me up a copy tomorrow as she thought I had a ps3 when I'm an xbox owner. Doh

£27 sounds like a good deal to me! ask her to pick up two and I'll bring your discs over for you tomorrow! :D and some pennies for the game! :p

Big Supes
12-11-2009, 22:02
Brilliant game.

Glad I bought this for the my 360 instead of the PS3 (server fail). Still, got laugh at the PS3 fanboys!

:laugh:

dangerous dave
12-11-2009, 22:43
£27 sounds like a good deal to me! ask her to pick up two and I'll bring your discs over for you tomorrow! :D and some pennies for the game! :p

i tried that one but she said 1 game per person, they wont even let her take more than one copy or hold them back so i can't sneak in and get it after everyone else has raided the shelves..

i'll see if she turns up with mine tomorrow i might just let you have it, im going to see stephen k amos :cool: so wont be playing it anytime soon.. but if the deal at that price stops its MINE:p when might you be over, saturday?

Logg
12-11-2009, 22:48
i tried that one but she said 1 game per person, they wont even let her take more than one copy or hold them back so i can't sneak in and get it after everyone else has raided the shelves..

i'll see if she turns up with mine tomorrow i might just let you have it, im going to see stephen k amos :cool: so wont be playing it anytime soon.. but if the deal at that price stops its MINE:p when might you be over, saturday?

Could drop it over tomorrow or saturday morning!

dangerous dave
12-11-2009, 22:53
Could drop it over tomorrow or saturday morning!

pop over saturday then and there might be a game waiting for you:)

Logg
12-11-2009, 22:59
Cool! Saturday it is! I'll get ready with the 1's"n"2's just incase

Gttnutter
13-11-2009, 12:59
Yep been playing this on bro's ps3 and online for the 1st time, There are some good shooters out there.

Just bought a 360 Hdmi with a few top games nearly new for £100 bargain!

Kenobi
14-11-2009, 12:01
ps3 gamer Tag Kenobi_RTOC

Clan www.combinedthreat.co.uk

We enter the gamebattles.com ladders we are currently in pre-season training so if ya want a laugh join us.

J8TRO
14-11-2009, 20:29
ps3 gamer Tag Kenobi_RTOC

Clan www.combinedthreat.co.uk (http://www.combinedthreat.co.uk)

We enter the gamebattles.com ladders we are currently in pre-season training so if ya want a laugh join us.

Gamer Tag - J8TRO (shocker)

See you on there Kenobi

5alldaway
15-11-2009, 00:09
got to say that i prefer the old modern warfare, im sicked to death of getting shot in the back :mad:

tiff_lee
15-11-2009, 00:42
I'm just loving the pc version

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7559/pcmw2.png

Big Supes
15-11-2009, 13:08
got to say that i prefer the old modern warfare, im sicked to death of getting shot in the back :mad:

Surely it's only because you're not covering your back (not used to the maps). You still get shot in the back on the first MWF.

:confused:

Big Supes
15-11-2009, 13:10
I'm just loving the pc version

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7559/pcmw2.png

I love the way they list all the benefits then on the last point it says "Don't use a keyboard and Mouse? Buy the Xbox 360 and you won't see any difference".

PC users are always bitching. :D

tiff_lee
15-11-2009, 14:17
I love the way they list all the benefits then on the last point it says "Don't use a keyboard and Mouse? Buy the Xbox 360 and you won't see any difference".

PC users are always bitching. :D
Perhaps but its still mighty lame how it is just an xbox port plus the mouse control, chat etc

Big Supes
15-11-2009, 14:54
Yeah, I can understand the frustration.... I think it's just a money thing. IMO, even though the PC can handle better graphics etc, there isn't the market in terms of sales to warrant the level of budget etc in relation to games like MWF2. You guys get MWF because the console sales make up 90% of the profit.

tiff_lee
15-11-2009, 15:11
Its more to do with the things they deliberately didnt include such as console, dedicated servers, mods etc which have been standard in PC fps for years but I agree console sales are majority so why would they care its all about the wonga.

Big Supes
15-11-2009, 16:18
Again, I can't see them giving PC users special privileges (customisations/mods) over the console users (because it's the trend) when they hardly make up the numbers in sales. The consoles are the key customers. Regarding the servers, Microsoft manage their own 360 server where as PS's are look after by third parties... hence the reason it crashed a day after the launch of MWF2.

tiff_lee
15-11-2009, 19:31
Oh yeah I agree, its just what you call special privileges has been the norm in pc fps for over a decade.

After looking around on the IW forums it actually turns out the console is present on the pc version on MW2 just hidden.....