PDA

View Full Version : Zetrinix AFR / EGT gauge + logging system

Scoff
06-11-2009, 21:01
As a way of gauging interest in these units I've started this thread.

If you're thinking about a new AFR gauge and want the ability to connect it to your laptop for data logging/tuning purposes then this might be the group buy for you :D

In short, they're awsome units, I wouldn't have invested in them if I thought they were crap, or poorly made. They're about as good as it gets without spending horendous money.

You can either have yourself a 52mm gauge, in BLUE or RED, OR an LCD flat panel with cool light up white writing on a black background, high viz.

They come inbuilt with the ability to connect direct to the R5's (and any other) tachometer wire so you can log RPM vs. AFR straight to your laptop while displaying AFR on the gauge. The unit comes with a CD containing the logging software, or it can be downloaded from the efi-parts website.

They also have an EGT input inbuilt, so you can buy the optional EGT probe and have the one gauge displaying both AFR and EGT :cool: There is also an optional pressure sensor too that will let you log vacuum and boost. I should have these in a few weeks time. It can always be added at a later date.

For EFI car's they're especially cool, since you can connect the Zeitronix up to a throttle position sensor to log throttle position also. You can even couple upto the existing map sensor to record vacuum/boost without needing the seperate Zeitronix pressure sensor.

So in conclusion, in standard form you can view AFR on a choice of gauges and log both AFR vs. RPM straight to your laptop with the supplied serial lead. If you want, you can add the exhaust gas temperature probe so that the gauge can display EGT AND allow logging of it too, and finally you can add a pressure sensor to add a vacuum/boost trace to your data logs. They come with everything you need, including the wideband probe, CD, cables, gauge and mounting screws, etc.

If I can make an order for 5 units I can send them out at 260.00 + 5.00 p&p (special delivery, usually next day). The only other UK stockist is presently selling them at 329.00, to give you an idea of the discount over UK RRP! I have 9 or 10 of them in stock presently, so delivery will be fast, but in order to replace them at a good discount from Zeitronix I need to make an order for atleast 5. If I don't muster 5 orders then they can be had at a singular price of 270.00 + p&p.

EGT probes are a further £58 should you want one of those.

Further blurb available here:
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?categoryID=87

If anyone would like one, please add your name to this thread :)
Or if you have any questions, fire away.

Ashy
06-11-2009, 21:09
I don't want to buy one or have any questions but thought I would add my 2p's worth...

I've been using one of these for a few years now... and it really is a great piece of kit!

Just so you can see what the data logging system is capable of heres a screen dump of mine i took a few months back!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=8946

A great help when mapping on your own!

Scoff
13-11-2009, 22:05
Looks like I may have over estimated the interest in these, by about 100% :(

BlueFish5Gt
13-11-2009, 22:43
I would like to know the total cost of it with the LCD panel and all the extra sensors to monitor egt and boost so i can have one display unit for everything.Does the warranty cover me in Greece or I have to send it back to you if something happens?Thank you in advance Yannis.

Scoff
13-11-2009, 23:01
The whole kit for displaying AFR, EGT, Boost and logging AFR, EGT, boost and RPM costs about £390 + p&p, a lot less than the UK RRP. Warranty cases would need a return to me or direct to Zeitronix in the USA :)

BlueFish5Gt
16-11-2009, 18:58
I' better start saving some money then.You'll hear from me soon if everything goes fine.(No unexpected expences)

Scoff
16-11-2009, 19:39
Cheers :)

Duncan Grier
16-11-2009, 21:00
Looks a good bit of kit and certainly a great price. I could be interested in one of these for the vx220 will catch up with you regarding it next time I speak to you ;)

DG

Pete@Backyard Racing
17-11-2009, 00:36
i'd like one ov these beauties so my names down 4 one my good man :)

Scoff
29-11-2009, 21:54
I have made some progress with these units. I have developed some adaptors to allow the use of a normal 3bar map sensor for the digital boost reading on the display or gauge which allows data logging of manifold pressure too. The adaptor lead and 3bar sensor (for reading upto 2bar of boost) can be had for £45.00, about half the price that the Zeitronix sensor would cost.

Big Supes
29-11-2009, 22:09
I was going to go with VEMS, but I'm definitely interested in this Scoff. Any chance of some pics of the gauge options?

:)

Scoff
30-11-2009, 01:19
I was going to go with VEMS, but I'm definitely interested in this Scoff. Any chance of some pics of the gauge options?

:)

There are some pictures on the shop website (www.efi-parts.co.uk (http://www.efi-parts.co.uk)) but I really should take some detailed pictures :)

Big Supes
30-11-2009, 20:39
Pics did the job just fine mate. :agree:

You'll have to bare with me as I'm not too familiar with this, but is there an option to display EGT and the AFR at the same for general monitoring purposes?

Scoff
30-11-2009, 21:13
Pics did the job just fine mate. :agree:

You'll have to bare with me as I'm not too familiar with this, but is there an option to display EGT and the AFR at the same for general monitoring purposes?

Yes, with any of the gauges you can watch both reading's at the same time. It's a little easier to see with the LCD package though since both are shown in plain numbers - the 52mm gauge can be configured to show (in plain numbers) either AFR or EGT in the center window while the other is displayed in dot-graph form around the outer edge of the gauge.

Big Supes
30-11-2009, 21:25
Noice, that was a biggy for me. :)

I'd probably opt to get the EGT input at a later date due to money restrictions, but for the time being, how much are we looking at for a group buy for the introduction package, providing we get the numbers?

Scoff
30-11-2009, 21:31
Noice, that was a biggy for me. :)

I'd probably opt to get the EGT input at a later date due to money restrictions, but for the time being, how much are we looking at for a group buy for the introduction package, providing we get the numbers?

I think at this time of year we'll struggle to get 5 orders to make the GB worthwhile, so individually the kits can be had for 270.00 + 5.00 special delivery p+p. Boost and EGT can be added whenever suits :)

Big Supes
30-11-2009, 21:39
Think I'm going to need this in my life. Have you got a paypal?

Big Supes
30-11-2009, 21:57
1. Pete@Backyard Racing
2. Big Supes

:agree:

Scoff
30-11-2009, 22:00
Think I'm going to need this in my life. Have you got a paypal?

Sure have, but I should ask which type you fancied as I've sold out of the LCD model! (I anticipated the 52mm gauges would be more popular)

I have both red and blue 52mm gauge types though. I should have LCD's again in a week or 2. :)

Big Supes
30-11-2009, 22:15
Kinda swaying towards the LCD mate, but the availability isn't a problem tbh, as the engine isn't built yet. :wasntme:

If you send me your PP I'll get the money in tomorrow. :)

Big Supes
01-12-2009, 10:22
All paid Scoff. :)

Get involved peeps! :cool:

Big Supes
11-12-2009, 20:58
So... this came through this week and it looks the nuts. Can't wait to get this set up. :cool:

BTW, I've generated a bit of interest with some of the Jap guys, Scoff. :agree:

Scoff
11-12-2009, 21:06
Thanks adam :) Those LCD ones are selling really well actually, very pleased. I expected the 52mm gauge ones to be more popular, not so!

Big Supes
11-12-2009, 21:21
No worries! :) It's funny you say that as the LCD was gauging the interest more so than the gauge with Jap guys.

SP33DY
22-12-2009, 09:22
Just a big thanks to Scoff, I ordered the LCD package + EGT probe late sunday night and despite being so close to xmas it arrived first thing this morning.

The kit looks first class and I can't wait to get it all wired in I just need to get the EGT boss welded to my downpipe first.

Steve