PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

RAGOONEY
05-11-2009, 14:39
Had the car jacked up at the front drivers side to sort an oil leak from the sandwich plate. Started the car and revved it and the front wheel started spinning slowly....but it wasn't in gear. Jacked it up at the passenger side and revved it, but no wheel spinning.....is something not right here??:confused:

GTphil
05-11-2009, 14:56
I think thats normal mate. not 100% but I wouldn't be worried about it.

I think it's something to do with the drive shafts and how they attach to the gearbox. one is on a spline (drivers side) and other is direct into the gearbox (passenger side):) even when the car is in neutral there is some drive that goes through the gearbox. I'm sure someone will confirm this.

soapymech
05-11-2009, 15:00

I think it's something to do with the drive shafts and how they attach to the gearbox. one is on a spline (drivers side) and other is direct into the gearbox (passenger side):) even when the car is in neutral there is some drive that goes through the gearbox. I'm sure someone will confirm this.think thats right but it should spin on other side too would check out a binding calliper;)

TrixNFlix
05-11-2009, 15:41

I think it's something to do with the drive shafts and how they attach to the gearbox. one is on a spline (drivers side) and other is direct into the gearbox (passenger side):) even when the car is in neutral there is some drive that goes through the gearbox. I'm sure someone will confirm this.

I think the passenger wheel rotates anticlockwise while the other goes clockwise in netural. :scratch:, I only noticed it after I had rebuild the engine an ran it for the first time with the front on axle stands. Scared me to death, wondered what I had done wrong
:D

RAGOONEY
05-11-2009, 15:58
Thanks for all your comments guys, appreciated. Has put my worries at bay for now! :)