PDA

View Full Version : bloody joker/robbing *******s.

djinuk
05-11-2009, 12:51
I have gym membership at fitness first at £27 a month..

ive not been for 6 or so months, so decided on sunday to cancel (1st nov)

payments go out on the 2nd..

I call them and get told to cancel i need to speak to collet but shes not in till monday..

ok , so i phone monday and get again phone tues, and so on and so on until today.

Then today collet tells me i must go in to sign a form to say i wish to cancel, no problem however she then tells me they wish to take payment in december aswell :S despite the fact ive been tryin to get hold of them for 5 days now..

they can sit and swivel, not because im tight and need £27 badly, but because im not paying for bull**** when they give me a crap attitude on the phone, grrr.

apparently from the time of cancellation i need to give 30 days and make any further payments in that time, however my argument is i tried to cancel before my previous payment..

D4WNO
05-11-2009, 12:56
Just cancel your direct debit

djinuk
05-11-2009, 12:57
already done that, wondering whether to tell them that when i go in , or just ignore it and see if anything comes through the post

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-11-2009, 13:05
just cancel the direct debit and leave it at that. They dont chase it up :)

TNT Tricky Nicky
05-11-2009, 14:12
they will still collect the money even when you cancel the direct debit unfortunatly. i was a member with fitness first and remember a girl coming in and kicking off, she was in the same position as you, trying to cancel the membership, she was told she had signed a contract and they were still entitled to collect the outstanding balance as it was a yearly contract, she had only been going about 6 months and decieded it wasn't for her, even though you pay monthly you've probably unknowingly agreed to pay for the whole year regardless if you use the gym or not, basically you could pay £324 for a years use in one go or 12 x £2=£324, either way they are robbing ****** as they kno most people go a couple of times then give up, it's easy money for them

edit: read read what you said it depends on how long you've been a member, if it's been over a year you should be fine just for the outstanding payment

djinuk
05-11-2009, 14:19
nah ive been there longer than a year bud..

id understand them taking the full year if i cancelled early but i didnt for that reason :)

Alex
05-11-2009, 17:14
I'm with Fitness First and I've heard stories like this before. I can't imagine they'll be able to take the D/D money if you've actually told them you wish to cancel?

5alldaway
06-11-2009, 00:20
hehe mate i can feel your pain, but collett isnt the most bubbly person ever lol

anyways collett is there most of the times if not all the time, just sounds like your getting milked for your hard earned mate

anyways it would be nice for you to come in and kick off about it so i can have a giggle whilst im running :laugh: :agree:

djinuk
06-11-2009, 07:17
hehe mate i can feel your pain, but collett isnt the most bubbly person ever lol

anyways collett is there most of the times if not all the time, just sounds like your getting milked for your hard earned mate

anyways it would be nice for you to come in and kick off about it so i can have a giggle whilst im running :laugh: :agree:

haha you just wana see a rumble, i dont back down easy anyhow and i quite enjoy a fuss when somebody is trying to have a giggle.

Ill just use the line i use at work.. " should you have any concerns please feel free to put them in writing and i will respond accordingly" :P

Rob1980
06-11-2009, 10:22
I used to with Sh1tness First a few years back. They did the same thing to me so I went in an signed the forms etc. They then called me for 3 months threatening court action as I owed them money! (Cancelled direct debit too)

I pointed out to them that I still had my copy of the cancellation formed signed by me and them and that I would bring it to court with me and it will all be at their expense. They asked me to send them I copy but I refused to be awkward and also on the grounds that they are imcompentant which is not my problem. I said that if they called me again then I would do them for harrassment. Not heard from them since.

Bottom line is that they are an awful gym and they do not give a f**k and will try it on. Just dont buckle and dont take any of their sh1t!

Trevhib
06-11-2009, 10:33
they will still collect the money even when you cancel the direct debit unfortunatly.

No they wont. They might try, but if you've cancelled the DD and then instructed your bank to deny Fitness First from setting up a new DD without your specific consent, then the gym can't get the money from your a/c. If they do, the bank are at fault and you can claim it back through them.

djinuk
06-11-2009, 10:43
ah i best call the bank and them them to deny that access then.

I can see this turning very sour.

djinuk
06-11-2009, 10:47
Only card i can see them still playing is the i officially have not signed there form yet to say ive cancelled and that i have to give 30 days notice from cancellation,. IF so though ill just explain i have recorded phone calls (taxi business) and that a verbal aggrement was undertook on the 1st that i wanted to cancel my membership.

TNT Tricky Nicky
06-11-2009, 12:46
i think most companys are the same really, they're happy enough to give you an excellent deal to get you on the books one way or another, but as soon as you want out they make it as difficult as possible while getting every last penny they can from you.

I think you've got a fairly strong arguement really, you've rang to find out how you go about cancelling, they've messed you about and pushed you past the deadline, if the first time you rang they would have said you have to come in and sign a form you would have been ok