PDA

View Full Version : ktec turbo turbo elbow

jonnyshaw49
04-11-2009, 18:57
hi does anyone know about or have fitted the ktec turbo exhaust elbow, what power gains do they give you and are they a good buy for a t25 turbo?

Mart
04-11-2009, 19:04
In theory it should help the exhaust gases exit quicker, although given the short ish gas path within/through the elbow, the gains are probably minimal.

A die-grinder & half hour of your time boring out an o.e elbow will cost you nothing though...

Alex
A load of crap really. If you're interested in buying one I personally wouldnt bother, just take your current one down to an engineering place/engine machine shop and ask them to bore it out for you. :)

Alex
Damn your quick fingers Mart.....

jonnyshaw49
04-11-2009, 19:06
lol yeh i have a mate who engineers so will get him to machine it out , anyone know how much to machine out? can over boring affect anything, should the surface be rough or smooth?does anyone do stainless ones as i have full stainless system and would look better thanks

Mart
04-11-2009, 19:14
Sorry Alex. My old fart fingers are getting quicker it seems:mart: :D

Jonny, just bore it as far as your mate feels is best/safe. If you over-bore it, you'll see daylight, then you'll know you've gone too far :D ;)

Smooth finish would be more ideal, but again, it's not gonna make a mega difference.

If you want s.steel, you'll have to go custom or buy a one-piece elbow/downpipe jobby.

jonnyshaw49
04-11-2009, 19:16
thanks mate appreciate it ill do that then i already have a stainless downpipe but the elbow isnt on it is it? THANKS AGAIN