PDA

View Full Version : F7P Turbo

Gttnutter
01-11-2009, 01:10
Right as some of you may know i've got the R5 GT turbo with the F7P valver lump...which has stood its ground from old ownerships like Adey Ricardo etc.

Now i dont know an awfull lot about turbo'ing the F7P other than that if i wanted to then i'd have to run low boost ie 5-6 psi without lowering the C/R if i'm right in thinking that?

But i'd like to know whats involved to be able to run a little boost witohut changing the c/r

Woznaldo
01-11-2009, 04:26
The basics here are, with low boost (up to 7psi) you should be ok with std CR because the turbo isn't compressing the air that much so it's not heating it that much either. This means the engine s less prone to detonation.

That's a very basic way to look at it but, it's not far off the mark. Take a look at K-Tec's low boost conversion for the 172/182 motor for some more info.

Bigfoot
01-11-2009, 09:32
When you say not lowering the compression you dont want to take the head off, to put the plate in to lower the compression or you dont want to change the pistons? Like Woznaldo you are going to suffer seriously with det so unless you can control that for the higher boost and run better fuel you are going to get it. What boost are you looking at running?

r5 rich
01-11-2009, 13:58
I got a nice charge cooler which will keep it cool for the f7p turbo conversion:cooter: