PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Topgear

Woznaldo
29-09-2008, 11:56
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Just watched the very first Aussie episode (read Aussie version complete with Oz presenters) and I have to say it's a bit of a let down.:( Of course i'm going to stick with to see if it either improves or grows on me but first impressions and all?

Obviously it's a tough act to follow but somehow I was expecting more. I'm sure it will be on youtube and the like within 24hrs and then you can judge for yourselves.

Trevhib
29-09-2008, 19:11
I got a call from my old house mate. He says it was pish in comparison. It is being compared to one of the best programmes on TV though Woz :D Maybe it will improve with time.

tonesGTT
29-09-2008, 22:35
Just out of interest, what cars did they feature? Is the format exactly the same? I.E - star in a . . . . etc?

Woznaldo
30-09-2008, 10:32
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

The format is almost identical with subtle differences i.e. Star in a bargin car to name one.

They featured the Lambo SP560 and had 'the Stig' thrash it round their track but, most of the camera work was incar footage? Then, because the Fast Board was a bit bare, they put a Lotus Elise, BMW M3, Merc CLS AMG and Nissan GTR round as well. GTR was fastest with a time of 1:09.something so it must be a shorter track.

They did a soft roader review in the form of a bit of a challenge from sand to snow with a Subaru Forester, V6 Rav4 and a Nissan X-Trail.

I've had a good chin wag with my Aussie work mates and the general opinion is that it's utter ****e, mainly because of the presenters. They've got no charisma or chemistry and that meant that there was no atmosphere in the crowd.

I think most will stick with it just out of curiousity.

I think there is, or is going to be, a Yank version too?