PDA

View Full Version : adjustable rear arbs

djinuk
22-10-2009, 11:35
coming from the 205 gti scene ive always found it strange how over looking the rear beam assemblys seem to be of r5s.

recently a company has started producing these as a full kit for £94 designed for 205's its a adjustable antiroll bar that can be used with the existing and a few people to be having success with them..

It was just an idea really for anybody thinking about developing there r5 suspension

pic of one fitted here

http://hotimg22.fotki.com/p/a/79_65/222_95/DSC00151.jpg

Woznaldo
22-10-2009, 12:10
I know what you mean! It's got to be the worse thing about the 5. I've often toyed with different ideas on how to increase spring/roll bar rates. The expensive route is obviously to go custom but for the rest of us, something a little cheaper is in order!

One of the cheaper options is to add an 'assister spring/bar' which looks like what's been done to the Pug in your picture. Looks like it might be something 'Whiteline' produce?

Woznaldo
22-10-2009, 12:11
As I suspected:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=BPR21Z

Woznaldo
22-10-2009, 12:14
Here's one for a clio2:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=BRR10Z

djinuk
22-10-2009, 12:16
indeed your correct it is a whiteline product, im uming and aring about getting one for the pug at the price they are, but i really need help on deciding the best way to go suspension wise, it just seems crazy how overlooked the rear beams seem to be with the r5s.

Woznaldo
22-10-2009, 12:18
Not sure how well they work for the 205 but, on my '98 WRX they are absolutely superb!:agree:

Spooky
22-10-2009, 12:32
For most people, just resetting torsion bars and fitting deceant dampers works well enough.

I suppose its an area where people who use there cars closer to the limit would benefit from this upgrade.

I know Andy Cooke is going 'extreme' with his rear beam :D

olidaviesuk
22-10-2009, 12:49
you can get a massive range of uprated torsion bars for 205/106/saxo/ax as well, they all share similar rear beam assemblies though..

AB Motorsport do 24mm ones for the 205 for £300 a set, and it is possible to have custom ones made for not much more....

Very suprised that there arent any for the 5/clio1....

Brigsy
22-10-2009, 12:53
Im sure somewhere sells uprated rear torsion bars for the gtt, possibly reichard motorsport. Is there any need to mess about with the o.e setup though, especially on a road car.

The 205/106 etc need it, the rear beam design is pretty poor in general on them imo.

olidaviesuk
22-10-2009, 13:42
Yeah, would agree with that, going any stiffer with the torsion bar on a road car is gonna end up with a boneshaking ride, together with a more lively rear end, hence, not a good idea, id like to see as few R5's as possible going backwards through hedges...

Im sure somewhere sells uprated rear torsion bars for the gtt, possibly reichard motorsport. Is there any need to mess about with the o.e setup though, especially on a road car.

The 205/106 etc need it, the rear beam design is pretty poor in general on them imo.