PDA

View Full Version : 5gtt turbo ecu wiring

mr white
21-10-2009, 20:08
right im fitting the f7p engine to my car ive removed my re209 and i have a 3 pin plug wireing loom that comes from the bulkhead by the fan i need to know what the three wires go to i presume ones tacko ones fuel pump/pump relay can anyone confirm please what one does what and what colour if possiable:)

Scoff
21-10-2009, 20:10
yellow is ignition 12v
black is ground
and the grey-ish wire feeds the dashboard tacho and triggers the fuel pump relay.

mr white
21-10-2009, 20:25
yellow is ignition 12v
black is ground
and the grey-ish wire feeds the dashboard tacho and triggers the fuel pump relay.

thanks mate so when wiring in the f7p i need to wire the greyish wire to the clios fuelpump wireing does it have its on realy in the box on the clio loom box thats in the passenger side wheel arch

where does the black ground go to do i just earth it to the f7p coil

and the yellow goes to the f7p`s yellow ignition wire on the brown plug on the loom

i can use the 5`s white thick starter moter wire that comes from the 5 loom
connect the alternator 2 wire plug to the 5`s then just positive to the battery i think
once its done il right it all up for future reference.

Scoff
21-10-2009, 20:33
no, the grey wire on the 3pin plug is tacho signal, it does not connect to the fuel pump. You need to connect the tach output from the clio ECU to this wire.

disregard the black ground wire, you should be earthing the ECU loom in its normal places (I forget where)

yes the clio loom has its own fuel pump relay, so the output of that needs to be spliced into the fuel pump live wire. you can get to this in the drivers footwell, behind the plastic cover in the pillar. Its the thick white wire in the corner of the connector from memory.

yes you can use the R5's starter motor wiring.

mr white
21-10-2009, 20:48
no, the grey wire on the 3pin plug is tacho signal, it does not connect to the fuel pump. You need to connect the tach output from the clio ECU to this wire.

disregard the black ground wire, you should be earthing the ECU loom in its normal places (I forget where)

yes the clio loom has its own fuel pump relay, so the output of that needs to be spliced into the fuel pump live wire. you can get to this in the drivers footwell, behind the plastic cover in the pillar. Its the thick white wire in the corner of the connector from memory.

yes you can use the R5's starter motor wiring.

no, the grey wire on the 3pin plug is tacho signal, it does not connect to the fuel pump. You need to connect the tach output from the clio ECU to this wire. do you know what colour/pin this is mate if not dont worry il have fun trying:)

yes the clio loom has its own fuel pump relay, so the output of that needs to be spliced into the fuel pump live wire. do you know which colour/pin this is on the clio loom also if not more fun:)

Scoff
21-10-2009, 20:58
sorry, I don't have any clio wiring info handy, but it'll show you which pin on the ECU it comes from if you look at the haynes wiring diagram.

mr white
21-10-2009, 21:09
COOL