PDA

View Full Version : r5 friendly RR near cambridge, tips for the strip

gttjames
28-09-2008, 22:29
Am going to the sat night special coming up at pod, planning on going down the strip for the crack. Never been down there before only watched, what tips has anyone got, do you run a lower psi in the front tyres for more grip? or anything else

When i bought the car it was running standard boost, have raised this to 0.8 bar, didnt go any higher so to avoid damage. I live outside of cambridge, but also on essex border and suffolk border, is there any renault 5 friendly RR places that could set my carb up for a few more psi? Am running a standard engine/gearbox, with enlarged downpipe, scorpion system, strapped intercooler, cup mod, car doesnt have any overheating problems, have recently serviced it, adjusted the tappets, and flushed the cooling system, so should be good for a few more psi

bonio
03-10-2008, 15:45
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

theres a place on the A603 at wimpole , on the main drag through wimpole itself , they specialize in minis , but are very good on the rollers apparently , keep planning to book a session there myself but not got round to it ...

cant remember the name at mo , will check it out

bonio
03-10-2008, 15:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

found it , wilshers , not sure if its any good for you

http://www.wilshers-garages.com/

gttjames
04-10-2008, 12:08
cheers mate, not to far at all, 30mins ish.