Decisions are still being made on this. Will update when we know anything

bye_all_c_ya
02-11-2009, 23:06
im hoping to make this one as i only managed to coventry this year :(

Schakal
02-11-2009, 23:11
i quite like mallory park but it would be nice to have it
somewhere different this year .

what are the alternatives in RTOC budget ??

JRP
02-11-2009, 23:12
I wish brands hatch was within the budget :( i some how think it wont be unless national day was on a week day even then....:cry:

Ashy
02-11-2009, 23:21
i quite like mallory park but it would be nice to have it
somewhere different this year .

what are the alternatives in RTOC budget ??

POD & Mallory this year :) Stu will be posting up the details when its all confirmed...

There are no real alternatives for full track hire... Anywhere else is twice the price of Mallory or more in some cases!!

IANMM
03-11-2009, 09:23
http://www.bmrc.co.uk/

there is quite a few others to try :)

Jessop
03-11-2009, 17:58
Thruxton, Snetterton, Oulton etc would be good =]

Although ive no issues with Mallory - besides the need of more wood(pallets laying about) to burn!! :smokin:

I rather enjoyed the minimal security knocking about on the evening - the pod was a bit lame when the scurity kept coming over every 5 minutes saying you cant do this and you cant do that. Mallory just let you get on with it lol.

warpspeed
03-11-2009, 18:17
I like the idea of staying loyal to Mallory since their so good to us, this years event was better than last and that was great as it was. :)

Bigfoot
03-11-2009, 18:56
Although ive no issues with Mallory - besides the need of more wood(pallets laying about) to burn!! :smokin:

Aslong as people stay away from burning the pub benches :crap:

clee
03-11-2009, 18:59
We could try Donington ...they'll be glad of the business I'm sure :coffee:

Rob@Backyardracing
03-11-2009, 19:45
Could try http://www.angleseycircuit.com/ but a bit of a longway for alot of peeps due to its location. Plus the cold stiff sea breeze might put a few peeps off :coffee: seems a budget track tho??

clee
03-11-2009, 19:52
I think that's one of the main +'s for Mallory .
It's in the middle so an equal trek for a lot of members and also the weekend slot :agree:

TrixNFlix
03-11-2009, 20:23
Could try http://www.angleseycircuit.com/ but a bit of a longway for alot of peeps due to its location. Plus the cold stiff sea breeze might put a few peeps off :coffee: seems a budget track tho??
this is a great track and was refurbished recently. :agree:On a sunny day it looks amazing next to the sea.

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-11-2009, 16:28
this is a great track and was refurbished recently. :agree:On a sunny day it looks amazing next to the sea.

how lovely...:laugh:, sorry andy it just read great...:wasntme:, i agree it looks a good un, too be honest any will do me and mallory is far enough....:laugh:

J$£5GTT
08-11-2009, 23:02
why dont we have national day at the ring !!!
probly still only get couple of 5's turn up....:cooter:

jamie rigby
12-11-2009, 20:24
donny or oulton imo

stuTHC
13-11-2009, 09:15
donny or oulton imo

Cracking venues, but both of those are well over twice the price of Mallory.
imo the only real alternative to Mallory is Croft, fairly central, affordable, and it has the on site camping we require.

Mart
13-11-2009, 09:26
Given the F1 shananigans/half the track is ripped up, I doubt much will be happening at Donington next year, so that's a potential no go for starters.

Croft is an awesome track for sure. Maybe the club should look at holding the 2010 ND there? Last thing we want is a same old same stalemate scenario with us going back to Mallory every year.

Mart
13-11-2009, 09:29
Saying that, is Cadwell do-able?

AlexS
13-11-2009, 09:57
Saying that, is Cadwell do-able?

Now we're talking. :cool: Now you mention Cadwell Martin, I'm there on 14th December with a couple of mates before the CSL is put to bed for Winter. Fancy a blast out in the Heaveho? ;) Cheap day and the weather will be lotto time but always good fun sliding round there. :)

James5
13-11-2009, 12:29
how lovely...:laugh:, sorry andy it just read great...:wasntme:, i agree it looks a good un, too be honest any will do me and mallory is far enough....:laugh:

:agree: with the ole great one:cooter:

Matt Cole
13-11-2009, 13:17
Croft!:agree: Great track and 170mph potential straight will be fun watching 5gt's attempt it!!:D How much would croft be to hire compared to mallory? I bet it aint cheap especially as they are squeezed down to only 40 events per year now.

Better all bring spare pistons.;)

Mart
13-11-2009, 13:44
The first ND at Croft wasn't a fantastic success though, so maybe that's putting the Committee off from trying there again?

Mallory's cool, we've done well to secure a spot there, so maybe we should be happy with what we've already got :agree: :)

Bigfoot
13-11-2009, 13:51
If its at croft that will be one massive road convey from down south which could be interesting :)

Think the track really has to be around Leicester sort of way as thats more central for the most of the members of the club. If its that far up north it will put off a lot of people which could be interested in the meet.

tonesGTT
13-11-2009, 16:51
If its at croft that will be one massive road convey from down south which could be interesting :)

Think the track really has to be around Leicester sort of way as thats more central for the most of the members of the club. If its that far up north it will put off a lot of people which could be interested in the meet.

:agree:

Mart
13-11-2009, 17:20
If its that far up north it will put off a lot of people which could be interested in the meet.

But it's not a meet-up as such is it. It's our National Day, and to a degree most dedicated members would travel to wherever it is regardless. The turn-out we've had for the 'Ring trips & this year's RWS Nurburgring event proves that.

Or maybe alternate the ND's between Pod & Mallory?

Bigfoot
13-11-2009, 17:29
But it's not a meet-up as such is it. It's our National Day, and to a degree most dedicated members would travel to wherever it is regardless. The turn-out we've had for the 'Ring trips & this year's RWS Nurburgring event proves that.

Or maybe alternate the ND's between Pod & Mallory?

Totally agree with the travel, I for one wouldn't mind the drive, but im guessing a few will be. Else we will all be going over to germany for a good old piss up. The more central it is for everyone the less likely we going to struggle with numbers, you say about the last one which was held at croft was not a massive success, was this because of the distance or the cost involved to actually go out on track?

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-11-2009, 17:29
Personally i am abit bored of mallory....but if its there again next year i will be there & hopefully in a 5 again :)

I liked brunter's... but very pricey, although i would happily pay double ££'s for a different/better track etc,,,

Bigfoot
13-11-2009, 17:30
Id go for more of a track then an airfield, its just not good on the cars really let alone the poor tyres

Duncan Grier
14-11-2009, 08:41
Mallory for cost and ease of use etc is not going to get beaten imho

Anglesey is a cracking track (was there for vx220 ND) but is quite a trek for a lot. Cadwell is a great track, as is Oulton in fact all tracks are great for 1 reason or another. Really does come down to how much we want the track to ourselves and certainly at Mallory you get your monies worth. I would be very happy to go to any track for nd though (regardless of distance)

Runway type setups kill my tyres and not as keen on this tbh

I love snetterton in the vx but think the bigger track do no really suit the lesser powered cars (not dig, just my view) somewhere like cadwell is a lot more fun due to sooooo many corners :P

DG

Ashy
14-11-2009, 10:09
you say about the last one which was held at croft was not a massive success, was this because of the distance or the cost involved to actually go out on track?

It was our first ever national day so that might explain the poor turn out. It was more of a meet in the carpark tbh. We didn't hire the track as far as I remember it was just a normal track day that you could buy your own track time at...

Remember it was 2002 or something!

Kenobi
14-11-2009, 11:58
I like Mallory as its totally relaxed and they are good to us. I've been a few national days now and I like Mallory best. Love the Pod days out as well though.

Scottish9Turbo
17-11-2009, 20:53
i'll be up for a national day with the 9 anyways if she's in pristine condition by then, somewhere central has to be proper as even though for sure.

donnington should be a half price affair as its a half built circuit, much cheapness;):laugh: problem is where do we stop round the track and turn round?:coffee::laugh:

newbstar*
19-11-2009, 19:05
I know it's a small track but what about lyden hill?:agree::disagree:

The new Bill J
19-11-2009, 19:09

Very central :coffee:

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-11-2009, 21:16

:agree: I wouldnt say no to lyden hill :D

Mart
19-11-2009, 21:16
However, it's not bad a track, and I can't imagine they'd charge us that much given the lack of facilities etc there.

As a second option, perhaps we/I can arrange a 2010 trackday there?

*Yellow*
19-11-2009, 21:42
I can't imagine they'd charge us that much given the lack of facilities etc there.

I bet they would......and the facilities are a joke,

Raced there earlier in the year, and the most unfriendly place/people I`ve been too.

Be ok for a trackday though.

Mart
19-11-2009, 21:49
Good to see it hasn't changed then from when I was there last (good few years back now) :rolleyes:

Let's get Xmas out the way, see what's what come the new year as far as planned rtoc events for 2010, and then I'll start making some enquiries.

Lomo
20-11-2009, 07:34
The first ND at Croft wasn't a fantastic success though, so maybe that's putting the Committee off from trying there again?

Mallory's cool, we've done well to secure a spot there, so maybe we should be happy with what we've already got :agree: :)

Hmmm, not a massive success hey....How many National Days have we had since?:scratch: Turn out, I'd say was better than anything else we'd had at the time and that is taking into account it was the first one of it's kind! Even the Dutch boys came over!! I remember being let down completely by the tuners of the time after each one of them saying they would be there. :sad2:Without going on about it to much I remember how hard it was to organise after continually being told it would never work..Well, 8 years later it's still going and something Im very proud of so I'd say it was a complete success! :) And Croft was a good venue! I remember the convoy we had going there and at one point was more than 48 cars! I have the pictures somewhere..I think it would be nice to go back to Croft as thats where it all started! I agree with people as well when they mention the irrelevance of distance. If it's the big one of the year I feel people would travel from anywhere :) Perhaps we should use Croft for a milestone National Day...10th Anniversary or something :) Iain :)

Mart
20-11-2009, 09:26
Iain mate, I think you've took my post the wrong way. I was looking at it from the Committee point of view, in that they might be thinking that Croft isn't a central location, which could've been the contributing factor to the low attendance numbers of the first ND there (hence my 'fantastic success' comment) and that they might not want to take that risk again for next year. That's just an assumption though. Who knows?!

In itself, Croft was a great success as it laid down the foundations for each & every ND since.

Personally, I think it's a great place, and would be well up for the 2010 ND being there again, but the question of attendance levels is always gonna be its moot point.

newbstar*
20-11-2009, 16:30
However, it's not bad a track, and I can't imagine they'd charge us that much given the lack of facilities etc there.

As a second option, perhaps we/I can arrange a 2010 trackday there?

The welcome might be different if rtoc are there in number. Also would be great for video footage, as you can see the whole track. What facilities do you want/need, and if you wanted there's a rolling road 15mins down the road if a track days in mind.

newbstar*
20-11-2009, 16:34
Very central :coffee:
Called an idea:cooter:

HULK
20-11-2009, 16:37
I think Croft would be perfect for National day, considering every other rtoc event that has been provisionally planned for 2010 are all way down south.:cry:

Bigfoot
20-11-2009, 16:48
I think Croft would be perfect for National day, considering every other rtoc event that has been provisionally planned for 2010 are all way down south.:cry:

Its because most events are down south :laugh: where most people live as well due to the size of the country

Mart
20-11-2009, 16:56
Not necessarily most rtoc'ers though...

HULK
20-11-2009, 16:58
:badone::badone: I really don't mind travelling anywhere in the country to ND but it would be quite nice to have at least one event planned for all the girls and boys up north:sos::sos:

The new Bill J
20-11-2009, 17:35

Ok then, how about Laguna Seca? :p

Lomo
20-11-2009, 17:58
Iain mate, I think you've took my post the wrong way. I was looking at it from the Committee point of view, in that they might be thinking that Croft isn't a central location, which could've been the contributing factor to the low attendance numbers of the first ND there (hence my 'fantastic success' comment) and that they might not want to take that risk again for next year. That's just an assumption though. Who knows?!

In itself, Croft was a great success as it laid down the foundations for each & every ND since.

Personally, I think it's a great place, and would be well up for the 2010 ND being there again, but the question of attendance levels is always gonna be its moot point.

Sweet mate..:)..I actually drove to work thinking I'd perhaps taken it the wrong way (not in a Dale Winton type of way)!:devil:

We good man..Im just proud of the day :smokin: :D

newbstar*
20-11-2009, 18:46
Ok then, how about Laguna Seca? :p
cost:coffee:

The new Bill J
20-11-2009, 18:47
cost:coffee:

This could go on and on :laugh:

newbstar*
20-11-2009, 19:17

This could go on and on :laugh:

A bit like rock, paper and scissors.:smokin::laugh:

clee
20-11-2009, 19:19
Curborough ??

I bet we could get that for a bag of chips and a Starbar :agree:

Scottish9Turbo
20-11-2009, 23:05
central's got to be fair tbh, fair for the southerners, and for us scots to travel down too as well remember!

i'll be bringing the 9 down for sure if i can get her how i want her by the next national day, so dont want to be having to go all the way down another 200 miles more than we really need to, i think most of us up here probably would feel the same too if it was given to suit more of the southern members more than us up here and the north of "oer the border" too.

agree with lydden hill's facilities, ok for track day but a national day, not really up to much tbh. even crail has seen better at times and THATS saying something!:laugh:

yrrab nostaw
21-11-2009, 21:29
i love this nat day and go to every one i can so even if its in wales or the deepest depths of engurland i will be going. i enjoy the drive down from glasgow and usually stop off at blackpool for the night on the way home for a good weekend. also with the five its always an adventure of whats going to happen next. this year we broke down with big end failure about five mins from home:cry:. but still really enjoyed the whole thing.
id just rather we have it somewere they are not too strict on noise etc and have the place to ourselfs for on track at your leisure attitudes. so for me mallory is another winner.:agree:

BluntyR5GTT
22-11-2009, 06:02
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

ill defo be attending the national day no matter where it is i do like the sound of mallory tho it seems pretty central for most people and iv never been there :) always either been to donnington for the rsoc national day or to oulton park for track days in my old mg zr race car

mr bean aka pete
23-11-2009, 22:27
Im sure the committee will decide whats the best place to hold nationals day and take into consideration peoples comments and thoughts im sure its not taken light hearted as costs and outlay and everthing else has to be taken into count im sure no matter where they hold the event we will have a strong gathering and following you will never please everyone im sure :)

Sparkie
24-11-2009, 15:48
wasnt the best attended event the danny fennell / DD autosports 'competition' at the Pod? - i'm sure we counted 124 renault 5's.....

memories of Croft..... somewhere near scotch corner my headgasket let go, the exhaust valves got that hot, the valve stem seals melted and the broken retaining springs made a leap for freedom and lunched the engine. happy days.....:coffee:

AlexS
24-11-2009, 16:44
wasnt the best attended event the danny fennell / DD autosports 'competition' at the Pod? - i'm sure we counted 124 renault 5's.....

memories of Croft..... somewhere near scotch corner my headgasket let go, the exhaust valves got that hot, the valve stem seals melted and the broken retaining springs made a leap for freedom and lunched the engine. happy days.....:coffee:

:laugh: One of your good luck days then Sparkie. :scratch:

Ashy
24-11-2009, 22:29

Aye but didn't you fix it by the side of the road with just a pen knife!

Mart
24-11-2009, 22:42

And that was just the start of things to come... :cry: :D

Blot
27-11-2009, 17:47
Croft would probably be out due to the nimbys and high court noise ruling.

Fart too loudly and the cops will have you

So Mr SBS couldn't go........

BluntyR5GTT
05-12-2009, 22:13
next years national day will be my first so am really looking forward to it :) ill hopefully have everything as i want it on my car by then as well

steveT2
06-12-2009, 08:19
Elvington:) Ok its only a 10 minute drive from here:ashamed: worth a try:)

Kenobi
30-12-2009, 21:46
Do we know where it is yet?

BluntyR5GTT
31-12-2009, 12:03
Do we know where it is yet?

+1

HULK
31-12-2009, 12:09
Elvington:) Ok its only a 10 minute drive from here:ashamed: worth a try:)
Elvington would be awesome. Track and dragstrip in the same place ftw

clee
31-12-2009, 12:23
It's not Elvington .

D4WNO
31-12-2009, 15:52
It'll be announced when everything is confirmed

clee
31-12-2009, 16:10
Ummm ... it's in the 2010 calendar ....
Must pull my finger out and get them posted on Monday :o

Shall I tell ??

TrixNFlix
31-12-2009, 16:18
Ummm ... it's in the 2010 calendar ....
Must pull my finger out and get them posted on Monday :o

Shall I tell ??

Would love it if you could tell us the date as work needs to be told asap! :D

clee
31-12-2009, 16:20
http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=76&zenid=171316fbfe371a8c171f5cacbc16c126

D4WNO
31-12-2009, 16:24
Lol, was going to say that; buy a calendar and find out :D

TrixNFlix
31-12-2009, 16:25
No desk = No calander :cooter:

clee
31-12-2009, 16:26
I can punch a hole in one so you can hang it on a hook :agree:

TrixNFlix
31-12-2009, 16:32
No wall = ......:p

clee
31-12-2009, 16:36
Alright then ...feckin tightwad :cooter:

Saturday August 14th Mallory :cool:

TrixNFlix
31-12-2009, 16:44
Thanks Lee! Don't worry i will buy some stuff from the club shop soon :D

Kenobi
31-12-2009, 17:05

Awesome. Now where's my Calendar?

clee
31-12-2009, 17:08
Sitting on my desk ...in a big pile ...well bigish :p

Kenobi
31-12-2009, 17:33
Sitting on my desk ...in a big pile ...well bigish :p

Coz obviously each day into the Year you owe me what? 1.78 pence.

clee
31-12-2009, 17:34
Nope ,not me ...the club .I only work here mate :coffee:

BluntyR5GTT
03-01-2010, 08:45
awesome sat 14th is spot on

Gttnutter
03-01-2010, 21:47
Another b-day weekend celebration for me then :burnrubber:

Os8472
05-01-2010, 22:33
Can't we have it on the 21st? cus I'm stuck going to a wedding on the 14th:(

Ricardo
05-01-2010, 23:10
I'm hoping i've still got a decent car by then (If you can call a 172 decent ;) )

stu21t
09-01-2010, 19:37
fingers crossed i wont be on holiday then, seems to be im always away on nat day, due to other mates work time.
hopefully i will be there in the white 5. and should be in quite a good state of play by then to.

TrixNFlix
09-01-2010, 19:59
Sat the 14th is now booked off work. Woo hooo! :yeah:

clee
09-01-2010, 20:22
That's a shame ...just moved it to the 21st for Os .....................

TrixNFlix
09-01-2010, 20:27
That's a shame ...just moved it to the 21st for Os .....................

You'd better start recalling all those rtoc calenders then:p

clee
09-01-2010, 20:35
all 10 of them ......I do wonder sometimes why I bother :cooter:

TrixNFlix
09-01-2010, 20:51
Least your into double figures.:rolleyes:
how many have been produced?

car.crash
09-01-2010, 20:56
Another b-day weekend celebration for me then :burnrubber:

my 26th on the 14th. i shall book it off next week. the car is ready to go. shall be a fun weekend yet again.

Junglist
10-01-2010, 11:32

right its a date , this is gonna be my target to be resprayed and all sorted by :)

Kenobi
10-01-2010, 13:50
all 10 of them ......I do wonder sometimes why I bother :cooter:

Any chance of a wall calender next year?

clee
10-01-2010, 13:53
Not if I've still got 40 left ...

BluntyR5GTT
10-01-2010, 14:02
i want one of these calendars but need wait for my new bank card arrive

Kenobi
10-01-2010, 14:19
i want one of these calendars but need wait for my new bank card arrive

Its about the same size as a bank card.

D4WNO
10-01-2010, 14:48
Blunty, you can pay via PayPal I believe :)

BluntyR5GTT
10-01-2010, 15:55
right then ill check that out now, thanks :agree:

clee
10-01-2010, 15:57
Its about the same size as a bank card.

What bit of ' A5 Desktop calendar ' did you not understand :cooter:

jaffa
10-01-2010, 21:19
Hmmm, not a massive success hey....How many National Days have we had since?:scratch: Turn out, I'd say was better than anything else we'd had at the time and that is taking into account it was the first one of it's kind! Even the Dutch boys came over!! I remember being let down completely by the tuners of the time after each one of them saying they would be there. :sad2:Without going on about it to much I remember how hard it was to organise after continually being told it would never work..Well, 8 years later it's still going and something Im very proud of so I'd say it was a complete success! :) And Croft was a good venue! I remember the convoy we had going there and at one point was more than 48 cars! I have the pictures somewhere..I think it would be nice to go back to Croft as thats where it all started! I agree with people as well when they mention the irrelevance of distance. If it's the big one of the year I feel people would travel from anywhere :) Perhaps we should use Croft for a milestone National Day...10th Anniversary or something :) Iain :)
:agree:

Kenobi
11-01-2010, 11:26
What bit of ' A5 Desktop calendar ' did you not understand :cooter:

Yes I realise in hindsight i should have thought to myself A5? Surely he means A3 and then confirmed.

:cry:

clee
11-01-2010, 11:40
A3 !!!

Man!! you must have the biggest desk in the office :coffee:;)

Kenobi
11-01-2010, 12:00
A3 !!!

Man!! you must have the biggest desk in the office :coffee:;)

I want it on the wall!!!!!

So it can be useful and pretty. It could also replace my Mk1 Astra poster.

5alldaway
21-01-2010, 20:48
good times! but i will be coming in a peugeot of some sort this year, when can we start buying track time?

Adey aka Ewok
22-01-2010, 12:07
That a defo on the date? I'll book it off work

D4WNO
22-01-2010, 12:32
Yeah, definite date :)

JayTee
22-01-2010, 15:09
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

when can we start buying track time?

+1

be my first national day so will be looking forward to it and the 21 should be built up by then

Adey aka Ewok
27-01-2010, 12:31
Sorted booked it off work :-D

Maka
06-02-2010, 11:32
mallory!!!!!!

excellent i love the track. perfect for my first track outing in the Megane trophy!!!

tonesGTT
06-02-2010, 14:27
Sorted booked it off work :-D

:agree: :D A long weekend booked off.

Ben
12-02-2010, 01:53
I'll be there for this one. Try not to blow up this time :ashamed:

Josie172cup
04-07-2010, 15:50
edit: wrong topic