PDA

View Full Version : renault 5 gt turbo v renault clio 18 16v

mightymanx
16-10-2009, 19:52
hi may be a bit of a stupid question but ive had 17 renat 5 gt turbos
and fancy a change and have seen a renault clio 18 16v
was wondering what the diffrences are is the clio better handleing or a better all round drive i relise the gtt is probly much quick but just after every 1s thought on wich they think is the best all round car?

mike r5 gtt
16-10-2009, 19:56
clio is prob better for a daily runner!!far less probs than 5s but not as quick!!speed or reliabity!!!!!!!!!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-10-2009, 20:23
Out of the box in standard form, the Clio is slightly quicker, but doesn'y feel like it......
Today, the R5 provides more bang (sometimes literally) for the money spent on it.
The Clio can be made to handle really nicely with some choice parts (found in most Renault parts bins).
I sprinted a R5 for a few years and did loads to it to make it more competetive....yet, after taking a year or so off and slipping into the seat of a Clio recently, I have beaten one of my fastest times in the R5....without any real effort.
The clio is more user friendly when mucked about with too........

mightymanx
16-10-2009, 23:50
well ive had various peugeot 205 gtis 1.6 qnd 1.9 ill admit there not as straight line quick as the gtt but when it comes to handleing over day the mountain corse on the ion which is 16 mile the 205 would cain the gtt ive had 18 gtts and only ever had 1 that i could say would handle

Phaze1GTTurbo
18-10-2009, 23:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

How about a phase 1 gt renault 5 with a 1.8 16v clio engine in it, as i've just finished building one!! :)

Nick k
18-10-2009, 23:20
Yea its been done, I have both of the mentioned cars now and i like them both in different ways, R5 is much more fun but the clio has that more comfy side too it.

Blick
19-10-2009, 11:48
i really loved my 5 and do really miss it sometimes.... got a clio williams now, great little car to drive. not as fast as my old 5 and i dont think it handles aswell when you push it. my 5 was set up just right for me. but 4 an all round car im happy with the clio at the moment, its comfy and pretty smooth and alot better on fuel. fingers crossed i should have less little problems with this 1. she not skipped a beat yet. would imagine the 16v as pretty much the same.

mightymanx
20-10-2009, 00:37
decided to hold onto the 5 for now as my main problem was insurance on it was 350£
for this year i have 6 points so that wernt to bad but just got another quote from another firm for 190£ so am happy