PDA

View Full Version : Carb lobster bolt size

James5
14-10-2009, 16:16
Hi All,
Me again with yet another bolt question what type of bolt are the 3 studs that sit on the carb to hold the lobster on. (M type and any idea of length I am thinking 35mm).
Cheers James

stuTHC
14-10-2009, 16:43
It's M6 again dunno on the length thou. But it is just a stud not a bolt, so the cheapest option is to get a length of 6mm threaded bar and cut your own. Most fastener places should sell threaded bar. If your struggling to find any there will be a Cromwell tools close to you, they deffo sell it.

James5
14-10-2009, 16:53
It's M6 again dunno on the length thou. But it is just a stud not a bolt, so the cheapest option is to get a length of 6mm threaded bar and cut your own. Most fastener places should sell threaded bar. If your struggling to find any there will be a Cromwell tools close to you, they deffo sell it.

Many thanks, I am changing from stud to bolts as 1 of my stud nuts is so fecking awkward to do up due to the alloy lobster so would be easier just to replace with allen key type, I will have a measure up thought it was M6 but just need the clarification.
Cheers James

scratcher
14-10-2009, 17:31
The thread in the carb is just over 20mm so + your ally plate and washer I'd say M6x35 will do the trick.

James5
15-10-2009, 09:42
The thread in the carb is just over 20mm so + your ally plate and washer I'd say M6x35 will do the trick.

:cooter: You be correct had a quick measure last night matey, got some anodised jobbies on route