PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Trying to get my 5 back on the road

Slim
13-10-2009, 21:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Helo.. Im tryin to get my r5 gtt back on the road.. can i have some help regarding my vacuum stuff please.?

Bigfoot
13-10-2009, 21:42
You have to be more specific on vacuum stuff :confused:

Slim
13-10-2009, 21:46

yes sure..

basically on idle... the boost gauge only reads just about -10.... this sounds wrong.. wat does that mean?? :(

Slim
13-10-2009, 21:54

Oh and im sure the vacuum pipes are fine.. js got new ones (3mm) and also using tie backs to hold them inplace js incase...

anyone?? got a feeling its a big prob :cry:

Scoff
13-10-2009, 22:00
Thats fine, what's happening that makes you think its wrong ?

Slim
13-10-2009, 22:11
well... heres a little story :P sorry if its long..

car has been off the road for 1 year.... when i did run it before... watever turbo i put on.. my turbo would spike like 5psi.. then drop -5.. then try to stablise.. but by that time id need to change gear.....

now after a year .. i got my turbo rebuilt(it was going)... and i put new vacuum hosing on.. .but i got a feeling it hasnt got anything to do wiv that... i think maybe somthing to do wiv my engine (although it did have a rebuild recently)

im js a bit worried cos my vacuum seems to be lower than alot of other peoples..

Scoff
13-10-2009, 22:14
That reading is fine, don't worry about it. That's a good vaccum compared to something with a racey cam, etc.

Bigfoot
13-10-2009, 22:15
Is it just running off an actuator the turbo or you got in boost controllers? What do your dash boost guage say, is it still plumbed in? what boost are you running?

Slim
13-10-2009, 22:29
ye i got an incar boost.. n im quite sure its done right.... and please dont tell me to throw my boost controller away lol.. i know the argument.. :P

actuator to t piece(bleed valve) ....from bleed valve to either carb top or base... and from bleed valvue to incar boost..

incar boost.. has one pipe going to air/nothing.... one from the under bonnet bleed valvue... and other is blocked

hope that makes sense... :P

im not driving it atm.. my insurance starts in 1 week :) ... i was running anything from 16psi to 23.... watever boost i was runing it would be impossible to get it running a stable boost.... ie tryin to run 18psi.. would spike to 18 then drop to 14 then raise back up slowly back to 18!!! :(

Slim
13-10-2009, 22:30
Scoff.. your words are comforting.. :) ive ready many or your posts and u seem very experienced :)