PDA

View Full Version : Electric Blue

BigWilly425
12-10-2009, 15:48
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Does anyone know how many electric blue phase II 5 Gt's are left??, they only ran the colour for a year or so on the phase II, definately my favourite GT colour... just interested to know... Cheers!

phase i 16 v turbo
12-10-2009, 16:17
I have had 2 both on an E-reg.

Harrison01
12-10-2009, 18:40
mine is an electric blue e reg, unfortunately its now aston martin viper blue.

Big Steve - Raider
14-10-2009, 21:33
WHAT THE F?!*

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6370&highlight=

Markey Mark (BD)
14-10-2009, 21:40
WHAT THE F?!*

I read that thread mate, real shame and one of the best colours to have a 5 in too

Ashy
14-10-2009, 21:40
:cry:

gtmatt
14-10-2009, 21:44
How many Renault fives did Renault produce ? Cgb chops a few and there is alot on eBay and there must be a fair few around still which the older genertion have ? ?

Markey Mark (BD)
15-10-2009, 09:24
How many Renault fives did Renault produce ? Cgb chops a few and there is alot on eBay and there must be a fair few around still which the older genertion have ? ?

Don't ask me where i read/heard it from as i can't remember but read/heard that 16000 Renault 5 gt turbo's were originally made in total.

Right or wrong i'm not sure, sure someone out there may know better than me

Wayno
15-10-2009, 19:26
I have an Electric blue 5 on a G plate. I've yet to see another.

tonesGTT
15-10-2009, 21:46
WHAT THE F?!*

If the punter who traded that 5 had not yet taken delivery of his/her new car, im sure that guy could have bought it. We 'saved' a few cars when i worked at Merc that were due to be scrapped. As long as the punter gets the 2 bags, what do they care if its scrapped or not? We spared a MGBGT and a very tidy golf tdi.

This 5 could and should have been saved. Idiot dealers. :mad:

gtmatt
15-10-2009, 22:28
If the punter who traded that 5 had not yet taken delivery of his/her new car, im sure that guy could have bought it. We 'saved' a few cars when i worked at Merc that were due to be scrapped. As long as the punter gets the 2 bags, what do they care if its scrapped or not? We spared a MGBGT and a very tidy golf tdi.

This 5 could and should have been saved. Idiot dealers. :mad:

I fought the had to be scraped u can never put them on the road as the log book gets destroyed

BigWilly425
16-10-2009, 13:16

so... not many left then.... :cry:

Trevhib
16-10-2009, 13:46
There are 83 left in the UK, not counting Northern Ireland.

So what?

phase i 16 v turbo
16-10-2009, 14:27
I fought the had to be scraped u can never put them on the road as the log book gets destroyed

This is correct if they have been paid out on the scheme they need to be scrapped. A R21 Turbo round here was scrapped, no mater what I said or money I offered it had to go.

ollie j
16-10-2009, 19:03
Yea the electric blue gt turbo i sold to wayno is the only one ive seen in a G reg, all others have been E.

Bass J
16-10-2009, 19:11
that thread on r5gtt was me ...i went to get the car and they said i couldnt take it due to it being scrapped :( ... landed my mate in trouble(he's the salesman) as i salvaged a few bits off it :laugh:. what i was going to do was find out the scrappy that it went to and possibly save it ... it had not MOT,tax ...underside was mint ...bonnet was rusty and bumper was stonechipped to hell. Engine was totally standard..it even had the heatshield over the manifold and turbo. It had 19k on the clock ...interior was mint ...Really gutted that it was traded in ...the old guy had the car sat in his garage since 1995 :(:(

mike r5 gtt
16-10-2009, 20:03
scrappage is rubbish!!!!!!!!theres an old boy thinking of buying a clio at work.if he does hes going2 scrap a 21turbo quadra!!!!:mad::mad::mad: its the only 1 iv eva seen and its mint!!!!iv told him il giv him 2grand for it!but hes not sure its the same!!!:scratch::scratch: FOOL!!

tonesGTT
16-10-2009, 20:06

My point was made based on a situation where the customer hadnt collected the new car yet. This would mean the scrappage claim forms had not been sent/completed.

We spared cars when, customers said they wanted to use the scrappage scheme, we based the deal on the 2k scrappage allowance then sourced buyers prepared to pay 2 grand for the car. Turned the deal to a straight p/x with the agreement of the customer. After all, all they wanted was the 2 grand! A lot of people simply go to scrappage based on the age of their car rather than looking for someone to buy it. Dealers use traders who only want to pay trade prices, obviously. A R5GTT doesnt book, so they make stupid offers.

If the forms had been sent and the deal done, then yes, the cars HAVE to be srcapped or the dealer wont get the money from the government.

It just annoys me that these boys didnt, seemingly, make any effort to find a buyer for this 5 in order to save it.

tonesGTT
16-10-2009, 20:09
scrappage is rubbish!!!!!!!!theres an old boy thinking of buying a clio at work.if he does hes going2 scrap a 21turbo quadra!!!!:mad::mad::mad: its the only 1 iv eva seen and its mint!!!!iv told him il giv him 2grand for it!but hes not sure its the same!!!:scratch::scratch: FOOL!!

Do what you can to get it mate. This annoys me too. Mind you, i guess renault are offering extra money off with the scrappage scheme right? Merc would only allow the scrappage, no further discount. It might cost you more then 2k to get it??

Carney
26-07-2010, 21:51

I have an Electric blue 5 on a G plate. I've yet to see another.

If you have an electric Blue 5 on a G plate... it wasn't made Electric Blue!!!
They only came on an E Plate for phase 2. They were built from C plate Phase 1 through to E plate Phase 2. There were NO original Electric Blue F Plates.

Contact Renault if you don't believe me!.....
It will have perhaps originally been a Raider....

If you can fax me a copy of the Log Book which shows a G plate - and the colour as Originally - Electric Blue.... I'll eay my hat. :-):)

jimmy_b
26-07-2010, 22:59
mines leccy blue but its a d-reg with phase2 kit, no one seams to make true electric blue paint anymore though

Carney
26-07-2010, 23:20

Hi

I have a fully restored Electric Blue Phase2 Renault 5 GT Turbo.
It was done by Europarts at the time to factory standard, by Ian & Justin (When they were still together).

I'd love to know how many standard Electric Blue Phase 2's there are left also...
If anyone can find out from DVLA or the likes... which I'm sure is entirely possible, if you write in asking for disclosure for valuation purposes then please let me know!

Pete

gimme5
27-07-2010, 00:27
I used to work in a renault bodyshop as a paintsprayer and according to the colour chips this ran from 1982-1988? So that's up to a e maybe a few early f plates

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-07-2010, 07:21
I have had 2 both on an E-reg.

Mike do you have a picture of the car's... also what side graphocs did they have on?

captain haddock
27-07-2010, 08:28

Yeh, I got 1, E reg, should be back on the road very soon. If I have a good day with Mr MOT

dave j gtt
27-07-2010, 20:08

Hi

I have a fully restored Electric Blue Phase2 Renault 5 GT Turbo.
It was done by Europarts at the time to factory standard, by Ian & Justin (When they were still together).

I'd love to know how many standard Electric Blue Phase 2's there are left also...
If anyone can find out from DVLA or the likes... which I'm sure is entirely possible, if you write in asking for disclosure for valuation purposes then please let me know!

Pete

83 trev said ;)

rs250nut
28-07-2010, 17:21
mines leccy blue but its a d-reg with phase2 kit, no one seams to make true electric blue paint anymore though

Sorry mate but someone is telling you porkies