PDA

View Full Version : performance exhausts for 9 turbo's

Scottish9Turbo
11-10-2009, 19:33
who makes them these days if any? dont want to have to go down the stupid powerflow route and have a crap sound and crap build quality from your local DIY half trained welder making these, want top notch stuff for my car.

anyone know if theyre available new from somewhere and what makes are recommended?

cheers

Brigsy
11-10-2009, 19:39
As far as im aware no performance systems are available off the shelf for the 9t these days.

If your lucky might find an n.o.s system somewhere, or mod a gtt/custom exhaust.

If your prepared to travel aas in newcastle are good for custom.

Scottish9Turbo
11-10-2009, 19:41
would modding a 5 system just mean increasing the pipe length?

maybe approach a couple places to see how much it would cost, really dont want the powerflow route had that done on a couple of my cars for a budget job and its pretty much pants tbh.

Brigsy
11-10-2009, 19:45
Aas exhausts are good, not like the powerflow s***e.

The gtt rear exit exhaust needs a fair bit of modding to fit. Side exit should go on without major hassle though.

Scottish9Turbo
11-10-2009, 19:51
prefer not to have a side exit, had one before on another car and just didnt suit it really, not sure that it would suit the lines im going for on the 9 anyways mate, i'll do some diggin up on AAS and see what they say. only a couple hours drive so not a problem really when time comes to get one on it.

much appreciated.

neil