PDA

View Full Version : help with german and soucing part

raj
11-10-2009, 14:54
just want someone that knows german to check that this listing (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260438642954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) is for 4 spigot rings OR just for 1.:scratch:

i require 4 spigot rings in size 63,3mm - 52,1mm. and i cant seem to get hold of any locally:crap:

i thought vw wheels had a centre bore of 57,1mm? but it seem the std vw polo bbs rxII rims i have have a centre bore of 63,3mm:scratch: they havent been machined or anything either!
im wanting to fit these wheels to my volvo which has bore diametre of 52,1mm

any help on sourcing a set much appreciated:) or ill have to buy from germany:rolleyes:

Haz
11-10-2009, 15:10
surely the wheels just bolt on? the rings are just to make it easier as they'll still centralise on the bolts ;)

raj
11-10-2009, 15:32
surely the wheels just bolt on? the rings are just to make it easier as they'll still centralise on the bolts ;)

the wheels bolt on no problem. but i personally have never like the idea of the bolts taking all the weight of the car!

bolts are to "fix up to" not to hold the load, i thought this was the job of the centre bore!:confused:

Haz
11-10-2009, 16:12
i know wat ya sayin but if you were to use spacers then there's no bore line up and is safe so long as ya use the correct length bolts. just get em on the car ;)

raj
11-10-2009, 19:15
i know wat ya sayin but if you were to use spacers then there's no bore line up and is safe so long as ya use the correct length bolts. just get em on the car ;)

nah, im not just slapping them on:sad2: and im not using spacers either. i think ive found a uk website that can provide me the spigots i need:agree: