PDA

View Full Version : My blue 1990 GT Turbo style change

dunc982
09-10-2009, 00:37
From being Renault 5-less for 3yrs I recently took the strange move in buying back a GT Turbo that I sold over 4yrs ago. The owner that I sold it too made alot of changes to the car, some I liked and some I didnt so I set about making a few subtle changes of my own.

I prefer the standard GT Turbo looks and performance with subtle styling changes and performance upgrades. I set about changing it from highly tuned, stripped out, track race tool to a mildly tuned GT with alot more emphisis on standard o.e looks, parts and performance. This involved:

Sourcing a complete standard interior including plastic panels, seat belts, steering wheel, gear knob to replace bucket seats + harnesses etc
Replacing uprated front mount intercooler, T28 turbo, oversize downpipe, relocated coolant bottle (that was located in scuttle panel) and tweaked carb - to - full silicone hose set, standard coolant bottle and intercooler, overhauled and cleaned carb and standard turbo and downpipe
Im quite pleased with the results, let me know what you think of pictures. There are more pictures on my profile. :agree:

raj
09-10-2009, 10:17
the car looked good to start with:agree: and still looks good now:agree:

Shane P
09-10-2009, 10:29
Thats a colourful engine bay, must cheer you up everytime you look at it, just the right amount of orange :D

Car looks great !! :smokin:

dunc982
09-10-2009, 11:20
Yea the engine bay is brighter than planned :cool: I was going to go for an orange and blue theme but I struggled to find some good condition blue boost hoses for the right price, and then I was offered the yellow samco's for a bargain £24 delivered :agree: