PDA

View Full Version : Best Suspention for track use only

sonic-jdm
08-10-2009, 21:17
Right alot of info on here about suspention for road use, fast road use and for the odd track day.

Im trying to find the best set up for track use only as i will be using slicks in the near future, my budget is £500
What should i be looking at Koni, Gas, Spax etc etc

Hope you guys can help me make my mind up this is a head basher:scared:

James George
08-10-2009, 21:58
Right alot of info on here about suspention for road use, fast road use and for the odd track day.

Im trying to find the best set up for track use only as i will be using slicks in the near future, my budget is £500

out of the list you give then koni, most of the other stuff is pretty crap, sorting springs is gonna be more of a headache with the standard shock setup. you will prob have to get some made or cut down

Mart
08-10-2009, 22:24
Koni. Every time.

olidaviesuk
08-10-2009, 22:35
if you're going for serious track use then ideally you need good coilovers, with 'decent' valving then you can easily play around with spring rates etc as springs are available off the shelf at £20-30 a go..... Looking at £700+ for this kind of kit...

In your budget id go for Koni with cup springs, very well proven..... ;)

Woznaldo
09-10-2009, 01:12
I've got a set of Leda Coilovers but haven't yet tested them on the track. I've had them since 95 so the price I paid won't be relavent but, they cost just shy of 800 quid and that was with a 20% discount.

For that price I got 2 front struts with adjustable spring platforms, bump and rebound adjustable together, slotted top hub mount hole for camber adjustment, 2.5" ID 250lb springs and a pair of matching top hats. The rear dampers are adjustable for bump and rebound together too. Both front and rears were built to order for the car to run 50mm below std ride height.

I would have to agree with Mart and co and say that for the money you're looking to spend, Konis are a no brainer.

Jimmy_GTT
09-10-2009, 08:40
Where can one buy such Koni kit?
What is its part number? How much does it cost?

Thanks!

sonic-jdm
09-10-2009, 12:14
if you're going for serious track use then ideally you need good coilovers, with 'decent' valving then you can easily play around with spring rates etc as springs are available off the shelf at £20-30 a go..... Looking at £700+ for this kind of kit...

In your budget id go for Koni with cup springs, very well proven..... ;)

Thanks for the info guys, but do Koni supply cup springs too? just been on Koni web site and should i be looking at KONI SPORT?

cheers