PDA

View Full Version : the old raider

blue mackay
07-10-2009, 23:04
well just a quick post
will update when i get more time,heres the scrapper of a raider i bought
thinking it was a clean-un!!
its clean in certain areas,but you gotta take the rufffffff with the smooth!!!!!!!!

needing sills,boot floor welded right along where the arches meet,seat rails on the floor pan,and the floor pan where it meets just under the rear bench!!

windscreen looks pretty good no signs of rust,rear windows look really healthy too,i hope im not wrong when everything gets stripped!!!

would like some comments from you guys on what you think?
i have been told by a few guys that they have seen worse, a lot worse getting reincarnated!!
im out to get a mig next month when i get home from off-shore and give it a stab,cold kerbside developments are us,order some sills and give it a bash!!
only thing is if anyone reading this has done these certain areas,as to what im going to be doing i would really like to get a chat on how the best way to tackle the effected areas and maybe gain some knowledge and save me scratching my head!!!

any way cheers guys!!!

blue mackay
07-10-2009, 23:27
well just a quick post
its clean in certain areas,but you gotta take the rufffffff with the smooth!!!!!!!!

needing sills,boot floor welded right along where the arches meet,seat rails on the floor pan,and the floor pan where it meets just under the rear bench!!

windscreen looks pretty good no signs of rust,rear windows look really healthy too,i hope im not wrong when everything gets stripped!!!

i have been told by a few guys that they have seen worse, a lot worse getting reincarnated!!
im out to get a mig next month when i get home from off-shore and give it a stab,cold kerbside developments are us,order some sills and give it a bash!!
only thing is if anyone reading this has done these certain areas,as to what im going to be doing i would really like to get a chat on how the best way to tackle the effected areas and maybe gain some knowledge and save me scratching my head!!!

any way cheers guys!!!
having probs uploading ?????
will try figure it out in the morning guys

blue mackay
08-10-2009, 15:40
well just a quick post

any way cheers guys!!!
ok hope these pics work this time,just figured out its this 12.1 megaannoying camera thats the problem:sad:

blue mackay
08-10-2009, 16:02
ok hope these pics work this time,just figured out its this 12.1 megaannoying camera thats the problem:sad:
heres some more pics,the old guy i bought the car off,said the accelerator cable snapped,said as the car was lying in the barn thought no point in buying a new one so heres his homemade jobby!!! it worked for so long i suppose!!!

as you can see floor pan is fooked,im still swaying to reshell,or do i carry on and repair???
theres a lot of work looking at it now,but how much more is lurking behind everything??? at the end of the day i still won as i bought the raider for £150
its got fsh and stacks of receipts,i really dont want to kill the car but i dont want to spend mad money where not needed,ive had this car nearly a year now and thats me only really getting to do a bit now,as so busy with renovation work to my house and only home 6 months of the year so i can bet this will be the longest running project on the rtoc,fact!!!lol

anyway like i say you guys that have done this before let me know what you think?
maybe its not as bad as i thought,and friends are right there is a lot worse out there,
we shall see all comments appreciated guys!!

over the past year i have been buying goodies for the car,thats the best bit!!!
im going to be like a little kid at xmas,the attic is choked with parts old and new the missus is going crazy!!!!

blue mackay
08-10-2009, 16:13
heres some more pics,the old guy i bought the car off,said the accelerator cable snapped,said as the car was lying in the barn thought no point in buying a new one so heres his homemade jobby!!! it worked for so long i suppose!!!

as you can see floor pan is fooked,im still swaying to reshell,or do i carry on and repair???
theres a lot of work looking at it now,but how much more is lurking behind everything??? at the end of the day i still won as i bought the raider for £150
its got fsh and stacks of receipts,i really dont want to kill the car but i dont want to spend mad money where not needed,ive had this car nearly a year now and thats me only really getting to do a bit now,as so busy with renovation work to my house and only home 6 months of the year so i can bet this will be the longest running project on the rtoc,fact!!!lol

anyway like i say you guys that have done this before let me know what you think?
maybe its not as bad as i thought,and friends are right there is a lot worse out there,
we shall see all comments appreciated guys!!

over the past year i have been buying goodies for the car,thats the best bit!!!
im going to be like a little kid at xmas,the attic is choked with parts old and new the missus is going crazy!!!!

this is the other reason why i aint been doing much to the car,bike has to go sold the other one so now this is up for sale,going to replace this toy with another 5 but a roadworthy one!!!!!:p no more broken bones,collar bones cant take it again!!!

theres a pic of the lock,the old fella said that when he took the car of the road for his new one (clio) which was more cost effective????? lol that he covered all the rust spots with vasseline to stop it getting worse??? well either that or he was up to massive no good!!!!!
:wasntme::wasntme: