PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 GT Turbo Shocks + Springs On a Campus

phase i 16 v turbo
06-10-2009, 17:39
Going to fit Renault 5 GT Turbo Shocks + Springs on a Campus. Looks like I am going to need to change the hubs as well? Anyone done this before? Anything else need to be swapped over?
Thanks

Os8472
06-10-2009, 17:49
I think the fronts will bolt straight on but from what I remember the rear shocks won't you'd need to change the torsion bar, check that though

markey b
06-10-2009, 18:31
I think the fronts will bolt straight on but from what I remember the rear shocks won't you'd need to change the torsion bar, check that though

fail..

front shocks are different angle on the bolts, you'll need turbo hub carriers, but they will work with campus driveshafts ok, even though the turbo bearings are bigger the i/d is the same for the hub itself. you'll also need gt turbo top mounts if its a phase2 setup you are planning on fitting

rear shocks are a straight swap

i did this to my old campus years ago, put on a spax psx lowering kit for a phase 2 gtturbo, and they were the issues i came across

Markey Mark (BD)
06-10-2009, 18:31
I'm doing same Mike, i've changed the front hubs as the 2 bolt holes don't quite line up (turbo shocks are wider apart). Apart from that should swap over.

As for the back it looks like they swap too but the rear axle is a different design to the campus, looks weedier. I'm going to see how mine handles first then if its crap swap it for a turbo rear axle with disc brakes

markey b
06-10-2009, 18:33
I'm doing same Mike, i've changed the front hubs as the 2 bolt holes don't quite line up (turbo shocks are wider apart). Apart from that should swap over.

As for the back it looks like they swap too but the rear axle is a different design to the campus, looks weedier. I'm going to see how mine handles first then if its crap swap it for a turbo rear axle with disc brakes

yeah gtturbo rear axle has anti roll bars parallell to the torsion bars, campus has a bolt in one that links the rear swing arms :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
06-10-2009, 18:36
yeah gtturbo rear axle has anti roll bars parallell to the torsion bars, campus has a bolt in one that links the rear swing arms :agree:

Did notice that when i had a look under there last weekend mate, how did your one handle when it was lowered?

Os8472
06-10-2009, 18:44
fail..

front shocks are different angle on the bolts, you'll need turbo hub carriers, but they will work with campus driveshafts ok, even though the turbo bearings are bigger the i/d is the same for the hub itself. you'll also need gt turbo top mounts if its a phase2 setup you are planning on fitting

rear shocks are a straight swap

i did this to my old campus years ago, put on a spax psx lowering kit for a phase 2 gtturbo, and they were the issues i came across

I was thinking ph1 suspension, its near as damnit the same as a campus

phase i 16 v turbo
06-10-2009, 18:47
Thanks for the advice1! Fun and games! The things we do for a laugh :laugh:

Markey Mark (BD)
06-10-2009, 18:49
I was thinking ph1 suspension, its near as damnit the same as a campus

Top mounts are still the same mate but bolt pattern i still alitle wider than a campus i believe. I got a set of phase 1 shocks on the way so will be able to answer this soon.

markey b
06-10-2009, 18:52
Did notice that when i had a look under there last weekend mate, how did your one handle when it was lowered?

it was actually pretty good, although it was only a 1.4 n/a on 15" wheels, but you could drive everywhere with the throttle boarded and just steer :laugh:

Markey Mark (BD)
06-10-2009, 19:00
it was actually pretty good, although it was only a 1.4 n/a on 15" wheels, but you could drive everywhere with the throttle boarded and just steer :laugh:

Mines based on a 1.4 Prima and will be running 14" wheels so shouldn't be too bad then, turbo shocks are going on anyway