PDA

View Full Version : sum freindly advise plz

dave r5
06-10-2009, 15:22
hi all

im currently working at a single man mot center.
start at 8 finish at 6 mon -friday and open 8-1 on a saturday

tbh my wages are piss poor yet they think im on good money.
last week the sujested to me staying open later on a saturday to get more custom without paying me more money.

i said i didnt wana do it.

so theve looked in to getting sum 1 else to do the saturday. the person they found wil only do it if he gets to do 2 days so not only will i loose out on saturdays money ill be loosing a day in the week too.

i personaly cnt live on 4 days money. so im gonna be pretty much foooked.

now do i swallow the 3 more hours and keep all my wages or not.

i would be working 58 hours a week for £300 wich equates to £5.17

is that legal?
shal i find sum where else.

i know its personal but i just need sum advice realy

Misky
06-10-2009, 15:28
So they are willing to pay someone else to work the sat and another day but not you?
Whats that all about! :dearme:
With thy current climate you cant afford to loose a job, but that is a bit of a p1ss take!

Bigfoot
06-10-2009, 15:40
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_178175

JRP
06-10-2009, 15:58
The person incharge is obv an idiot dick, with no idea of business or how to people manage.

There is no sense in not paying you for the extra 3... but then getting sombody in and paying them, are they working for free?

Put that to them, see how they respond.

Personaly id find a new mot station keeping your job till you have then leave and start proceedings for unfair work condition and being forced out of your job.

Feck them up the arse

dave r5
06-10-2009, 16:09
id like to be able to screw um up. but there not the kinda ppl u wud normaly wrk for,

im in a bit of a no win situation tbh,

and i cnt find any where close thats taking on any 1 .

at this moment if i have to setle for 4 days aweek then i gona have to except it as theres not much out there.
im fuming tbh as i run this place day in day out, an there taking the piss. ive tried to meet um half way an but there all about money.

there greedy ppl that have no respect for others, legaly there in the wrong surly

D4WNO
06-10-2009, 16:15
Make an appointment with the CAB

gttjames
06-10-2009, 18:54
Thats a joke, reminds me of my job.

Pretty sure min wage has just gone up to 5.70 or something????

Bigfoot
06-10-2009, 18:59
Thats a joke, reminds me of my job.

Pretty sure min wage has just gone up to 5.70 or something????

£5.80 I posted the link above ;)

mr white
06-10-2009, 19:08
just do the 3 hours mate, the car trades well quiet at the moment look out for somthing else meanwhile my hours have been reduced 20hours a month and somone else i work with has had the same done to them, desperate times desperate measures:sad2:

dangerous dave
06-10-2009, 19:30
its these hard'ish times that you really get ponied..:( a friends work stop the xmas bonus, reduced and stop various pay rises, eventhough there making more than ever and wont ever be effected by it all due to being health based.. scammers

you can phone c.a.b or moan, but they will just want you out the door... start looking for a new job now and when it comes alone take it, dont see how it goes as they sound like nobers

Os8472
06-10-2009, 19:39
Kick him in the ****

Whoops sorry, bit of a father Jack moment there

dave r5
07-10-2009, 15:45
im just gona swallow it, altho im realy peeed off buy it.

*******s the lot of um