PDA

View Full Version : wideband options?

gttjames
06-10-2009, 14:12
So i want to run a wideband setup when i get some money together for it, got a lovely bms downpipe ready for it so be rude not to:)

Iv done some searches on them and keep reading on them failing (the lc-1 is it?), whats the deal with this. Can you not leave them in place constantly? Its the cheaper option so am quiete tempted

Then iv also seen the aem uego kit, abit more exspensive at 200ish. whats the views on this

and theres also the lm-1 option, but id really like it with a gauge so maybe rule this one out.

blue mackay
06-10-2009, 14:43
So i want to run a wideband setup when i get some money together for it, got a lovely bms downpipe ready for it so be rude not to:)

Iv done some searches on them and keep reading on them failing (the lc-1 is it?), whats the deal with this. Can you not leave them in place constantly? Its the cheaper option so am quiete tempted

Then iv also seen the aem uego kit, abit more exspensive at 200ish. whats the views on this

and theres also the lm-1 option, but id really like it with a gauge so maybe rule this one out.

im in the same position just got my bms pipe,new to all this malarky so ill just say that i know bugger all about these things,and im looking for some sort of guidance chaps??????

jesus in the seat of a 5
06-10-2009, 17:36
:agree:..me too, im going for the lm1, ive heard so much bad prees on the lc1 and ive seen the lm1 in action etc etc and they dont tend to get sent back very often according to graham goode racing, just what ive heard etc...anyone else?...:scratch:

Os8472
06-10-2009, 17:44
I'm on my third wideband system.

I had an wideband commander first off which lasted about a month, then an innovate LC-1 which never worked at all, got an Innovate LM-1 at the mo and its spot on.

Some will argue that there more advance systems with alot more functions but an LM--1 is a nice simple, reliable piece of kit.

Mine cost 190quid off ebay, innovate don't make the LM-1 anymore and companies are selling off stock cheap

mr white
06-10-2009, 18:48
aem. was GOOD never had any probs with mine, ever. good bit of kit

TrixNFlix
06-10-2009, 18:50

Thats what i want to hear.;)

gttjames
06-10-2009, 19:00
so... lc-1 waste of time, you might get lucky with one that works

lm-1, all good, but no gauge, and arnt being made anymore

aem, all good? and has a gauge

markey b
06-10-2009, 19:09

my ex's 5 had one (now r5gttboi's on here) and that was spot on in reliability, accuracy i can't say, as there was nothing to compare it too, but when i can spare the cash i'll be getting myself an AEM one..

my lc-1 is still in my car after breaking years ago... need to remove that!

markey b
06-10-2009, 19:10
Some will argue that there more advance systems with alot more functions but an LM--1 is a nice simple, reliable piece of kit.

and smaller :laugh:

Brigsy
06-10-2009, 19:11
Lm1 ftw. Gauge in car all the time isnt that necessary imo, tune it once tune it right;)

Os8472
06-10-2009, 19:11
and smaller :laugh:

Yes there are, but I'll stick with what works thanks

Spooky
06-10-2009, 20:00
I've been borrowing an LM1 and it is very easy to use.

Need one of my own really.

I'd comfortably rate it as a must have tool in terms of engine tuning :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
06-10-2009, 20:02
I've been borrowing an LM1 and it is very easy to use.

Need one of my own really.

I'd comfortably rate it as a must have tool in terms of engine tuning :)

a tool for a tool....i knew it would suit me too......:laugh:..;)..:wasntme:

Spooky
06-10-2009, 20:06
I'm THE tool to have for xmas this year ;) :laugh:

stu21t
06-10-2009, 20:27
Lm1 ftw. Gauge in car all the time isnt that necessary imo, tune it once tune it right;)

that doesnt help if you have any trouble tho.
i want one permanently in my dash so i know of any issues as and when they happen.

Brigsy
06-10-2009, 20:34
If i have a problem i just pop the lambda sensor in the downpipe again.

Lets face it if your on full boost around the back roads its extremely hard to keep your eye on the road and afr at the same time. If something happens on the fuel side or overboost etc causing it to lean off massively the damage is probably already done by the time your off the throttle anyway..

J$£5GTT
06-10-2009, 20:39
If i have a problem i just pop the lambda sensor in the downpipe again.

Lets face it if your on full boost around the back roads its extremely hard to keep your eye on the road and afr at the same time. If something happens on the fuel side or overboost etc causing it to lean off massively the damage is probably already done by the time your off the throttle anyway..

major if you hit a tractor....:p

blue mackay
06-10-2009, 21:03
major if you hit a tractor....:p

so how easy is this lm-1 to use guys?
ive never seen or used one before,with me living so far up north there is no bugger up here that has any idea,so i cant go to them for set-up and even if there was the fact its a famous 5 everyone tends to run dont they?
5 lamposts and detonation,is the famous saying i get told by everyone!!!!:sad2:

allanr5gtt
06-10-2009, 21:07
theres also http://wbo2.com/3b1/default.htm good bit of kit.

James George
06-10-2009, 21:11

agreed, not experienced the lm1 etc but have used an AEM gauge for a good while now and so far so good, its saved one blow up at least, (fuel pressure reg failed as it rusted out). in terms of easy to use its a doddle just plug it in. so suprised that not many others use it.

while i'm on the subject is there a simple data logger that you can buy to monitor things? the AEM has a 0-5v output i think and no good me driving about with laptop in the car. is there something cheapish and easy to use as i'm just simply country folk!

Mart
06-10-2009, 22:01
Yeah, an LM-1 :D

Big Supes
06-10-2009, 22:20
Think I'll be going with VEMS.

Wallace
08-10-2009, 15:27
I've been casually looking into these myself, i'd personally like a gauge to monitor whilst driving........

Is there enough interest to start a group-buy? and maybe save a few pennies?:D

Obviously would need to confirm which unit/s we all want?!

Your thoughts please??????????????

JRP
08-10-2009, 15:36
I've been casually looking into these myself, i'd personally like a gauge to monitor whilst driving........

Is there enough interest to start a group-buy? and maybe save a few pennies?:D

Obviously would need to confirm which unit/s we all want?!

Your thoughts please??????????????

Rather than cut your idea down again lol i agree lets see what kind of support this could get :)

Because you suggested it you gotta sort it :):sad:

James George
08-10-2009, 21:55
Yeah, an LM-1 :D

looking at graham goode its LM-2 now. guess if i was starting from scratch today then that may be where my money would go, but at the time so many were moaning about the innovative stuff and i just wanted to see what was going on AFR wise. still stand by the point if that what you just want a gauge in the car to see AFR then the AEM kit is a good shout as its so damn simple. anyone one know if any of the other little innovative boxs will do what i am looking for eg:

http://www.grahamgoode.com/innovate/new/ot1.html

no doubt i'm barking up the wrong tree on this one!

Wallace
08-10-2009, 23:38
Rather than cut your idea down again lol i agree lets see what kind of support this could get :)

Because you suggested it you gotta sort it :):sad:

If thats not steping on any of the big wigs toes:wasntme: - then i'm more than up for looking into it and making a few calls:smokin:

I agree that the AEM kit is probably the one to look into then? - especially if it's easy to use:scratch::laugh:

I'm away for the weekend but once i'm back i'll get the ball rolling, and post up some info..........if people can shed some light on interest then we'll set up a Group-Buy Thread:agree:

Rol

Wallace
08-10-2009, 23:42
looking at graham goode its LM-2 now. guess if i was starting from scratch today then that may be where my money would go, but at the time so many were moaning about the innovative stuff and i just wanted to see what was going on AFR wise. still stand by the point if that what you just want a gauge in the car to see AFR then the AEM kit is a good shout as its so damn simple. anyone one know if any of the other little innovative boxs will do what i am looking for eg:

http://www.grahamgoode.com/innovate/new/ot1.html

no doubt i'm barking up the wrong tree on this one!

Personally the gauge for me is to be able to always see what the cars doing, i'm very new to mechanics and anything more than a simple service and am just trying to perhaps make my car "idiot proof" :laugh::laugh::scratch::laugh:

JRP
08-10-2009, 23:59
Im suere kenobi could offer a good group buy.. i know he has contacts to alot of gauge manufactures etc... ile chat to him see what he can do.

gttjames
09-10-2009, 00:59
aem is looking good from where im sitting, a group buy on a aem and im interested

gttjames

Kenobi
09-10-2009, 13:50
Yo ok, im on this as we speak. If some one can find me an exact model of something everybody would be happy with. I will go away and get uber discount and come back with prices.

JRP
09-10-2009, 13:55
Yo ok, im on this as we speak. If some one can find me an exact model of something everybody would be happy with. I will go away and get uber discount and come back with prices.

Good man kenny ken. whats the best kit available though? is their an option maybe for a choice of two? really push the boat out ? ;)

Kenobi
09-10-2009, 13:57
Good man kenny ken. whats the best kit available though? is their an option maybe for a choice of two? really push the boat out ? ;)

If they are from same company there wont be a problem. If they are from 2 companys I have as suppliers there wont be a problem. Typically im on Holiday right now.

do SPA-Digital do them?

Or Race Technology?

I know Graham Goode we have account with but they are pricey buggers over there. It would make sense to go str8 to manufacturer.

JRP
09-10-2009, 14:00
:hump::hump:On holiday... knew you were on the job yesturday when i rang:laugh::laugh:

Kenobi
09-10-2009, 14:14
:hump::hump:On holiday... knew you were on the job yesturday when i rang:laugh::laugh:

LOL
:agree::cooter::beer::hump::smokin:

gttjames
09-10-2009, 14:38
Is this the one were going for then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambda-Wideband-AFR-Gauge-w-Bosch-Sensor_W0QQitemZ330328896673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce922f4a1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

atecautos
09-10-2009, 19:07
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi , I would also be very interested in a group buy

markey b
09-10-2009, 19:21

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambda-Wideband-AFR-Gauge-w-Bosch-Sensor_W0QQitemZ330328896673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce922f4a1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:agree:

blue mackay
09-10-2009, 20:11
:agree:
is this one easy to use guys?
i have no knowledge of these afrs gauges in anyway,i have a bms pipe would there be anything else i need to buy or just this kit and that would get me set-up?
like i say im after something that is easy to use but also not caveman!!:crap:
i think after a few hrs ill have the hang of it,ive been planning one of these for a while but unable to do anything as had no bms pipe,also not really sure what to go for!!

if this is suitable for my requirements,then im in for one of these

my bms pipe arrived last month,so im good to go now;)

cheers fellas

Wallace
11-10-2009, 19:54

Seems exactly the kind of thing i'm looking for:agree:

I'll call these people tommorrow to get some more info on the product and just see what kind of discounts we can get? - then between Kenobi and myself we'll see what the score is............price/products etc.......it goes without saying that if we can get the same sort of deal through kenobi then we'll go that route as your obviously trying to run a business:agree:

I'll start the names rolling and if it gets silly then perhaps a moderator can move the thread:D

gttjames
JRP
atecautos
bluemackay
Wallace

raj
11-10-2009, 20:01
providing it doesnt take weeks, im in.

gttjames
JRP
atecautos
bluemackay
Wallace
Raj

Spooky
11-10-2009, 20:07
I'm interested in this :agree:

JRP
11-10-2009, 20:22
providing it doesnt take weeks, im in.

gttjames
atecautos
bluemackay
Wallace
Raj

Wallace
11-10-2009, 20:27

My bad:ashamed::laugh:

stevedob1664
11-10-2009, 22:57
put me down for one

Wallace
12-10-2009, 19:05
Not really an update, but just so people know!

I've called a couple of firms today - they said they would email me discount rates and more product info???!! but as is always the case they didn't........

Will obviously be on the phone again tommorrow and hopefully have something of use.................

atecautos
12-10-2009, 22:25
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks mate

gttjames
13-10-2009, 12:39
cheers guys for trying to get this rolling, keep us all posted on any progress

Wallace
14-10-2009, 19:27
Ummm-kay:scratch:

Maybe i'm just impatient, or perhaps expect too much:devil:

But i've been on the blower again today to the same companies to see about discounts and they still haven't sent through anything, could be the fact my email address doesn't end in "@rtoc.org":laugh: and they think i'm just some random duuude!

I'm persistant with them because (1) is the main uk distributor (so i believe!) (2) Seems the cheapest without any bartering (3) They too supply them!! - i won't keep blogging on here and filling it with nothing:D

So just take my word for it, i am on the case and i too don't want this to take forever to come to some kind or conclusion!

gttjames
14-10-2009, 19:46
Ummm-kay:scratch:

Maybe i'm just impatient, or perhaps expect too much:devil:

But i've been on the blower again today to the same companies to see about discounts and they still haven't sent through anything, could be the fact my email address doesn't end in "@rtoc.org":laugh: and they think i'm just some random duuude!

I'm persistant with them because (1) is the main uk distributor (so i believe!) (2) Seems the cheapest without any bartering (3) They too supply them!! - i won't keep blogging on here and filling it with nothing:D

So just take my word for it, i am on the case and i too don't want this to take forever to come to some kind or conclusion!
good work

raj
14-10-2009, 19:50
arent funkypower the main distributors for aem products.?

a while ago i asked faz@ funkypower how much he would do 20 aem wideband kits for... he told me £190:crap::sad2: so i didnt even bother following it up.

Wallace
14-10-2009, 19:55
Your right they are "one" of the main! - AEM seem to have several - i'm speaking to SUMO POWER

I've got more time tommorrow and i'm office based not site based too so can sit down and just do it over the phone...............

To be honest Raj, if thats all the discount i can get - then may as well just get them ourselves, but nothng ventured nothing gained and all that:agree:

Ashy
14-10-2009, 21:21
I would always reconmend a zeitronix (http://www.zeitronix.com/) kit, it does everything you'd ever need. DOesn't need expensive add on's and its dead easy to install and reliable!

Heres a screen dump on one of my logs

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=8946

I use mine with the 52mm gauge (http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ZR-2/ZR-2.htm). Great bit of kit!

raj
14-10-2009, 22:43
I would always reconmend a zeitronix (http://www.zeitronix.com/) kit, it does everything you'd ever need. DOesn't need expensive add on's and its dead easy to install and reliable!

Heres a screen dump on one of my logs

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=8946

I use mine with the 52mm gauge (http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ZR-2/ZR-2.htm). Great bit of kit!

so is that the ZT-2 @ $279.
and the ZR-1 gauge @ $129.
OR the ZR-2 gauge @ $139.

am i reading it correct?:scratch:
?

Kenobi
15-10-2009, 09:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambd...d=p3286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambd...d=p3286.c0.m14)

Im making enquiries on this. I wont respond unless ive got uber good price for you boys.

Saint AAI
15-10-2009, 10:40
I've had an AEM on my Impreza for about 2 years now, great bit of kit. Car went on the rollers 2 weeks ago and Lambda was reading same as their set up. Infact if it wasn't for the gauge my engine would probably be dead by now. Car started running lean on the gauge, but didn't really feel much different to drive. So booked it in to go on rollers and it had pretty bad det when it started to boost caused by it running lean. Upped the fuel pressure for now which has temporarily cured the problem. As for the gauge, it comes with a silver or black bezel iirc and think it came with two faces, one displaying Lambda, the other AFR and are black one side and white the other so you can change the look to suit . Very simple to set up and use, just plug and play really. There's a switch for changing the digital display from AFR to Lambda, it uses a Bosch sensor, theres a 0-5v output for use with an ECU and its also got an RS232 serial out for connecting to data loggers/laptops etc.. and it looks good too.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/SaintAAI/Impreza%20Project/Interior/DSC00114.jpg

Arrows
15-10-2009, 11:42
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambd...d=p3286.c0.m14 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambd...d=p3286.c0.m14)

Im making enquiries on this. I wont respond unless ive got uber good price for you boys.

Either its been removed or the link is not correct.

Wallace
15-10-2009, 22:16

Cheers Kenobi:agree: - can you give us/me an idea of what the following prices are like?

This appears to be the cheapest I/we can get (I've tried several companies but these guys come out on top):

SUPPLIER: PERFORMANCE3000

1 – 3 £190 per unit
4 – 6 £180 per unit
7 – 9 £175 per unit
10+ £165 per unit

Carriage would be £7 per unit if delivered to individual addresses.
If delivered all to one address then carriage would be £12.50

Quoted prices include VAT
Quoted carriage charges apply to within the Mainland UK only

I'm good to go, money in hand.........BUT a quick search on ebay and i've found another company "jw racing" selling them @ £170 incl vat & delivery (and thats based on SINGLE UNITS:mad:) - only problem is that they have ended the auction today and appear to have no more availble - i've just emailed them to see if they have anymore................

Once again, i'll let you know what they say...............

So is everyone interested got the money and ready to buy??

That is of course unless Kenobi or anyone else can source them cheaper:coffee:

stevedob1664
15-10-2009, 22:29
yep im in

Wallace
15-10-2009, 22:43
yep im in

Nice:agree:

Lets get them delivered together to save another £3.50:ashamed: and use Sean as our courier biatch:laugh:

stevedob1664
15-10-2009, 22:51
thats about all hes good for ;)

Kenobi
19-10-2009, 11:24
£165 guys. Any good? i need at least 11 ordered. I guess i could do postage cheaper but i havent seen the size or dimensions of the box. i would only want to send recorded delivery but im guessing £6.50 is like the max it would cost.

Wallace
19-10-2009, 13:08
Litterally just received another quote.................and again that price (£165) for that quantity (10+) seems to be the going rate..........Thanks Kenobi:agree:

There is the odd ball supplier on ebay that pops up at around that price for single units, but everytime - they dissappear as soon as they arrive!!!!!!

As previous i'm good to go - and would prefer to go with Kenobi to keep it in the club!

Everyone happy with this???

So once again, who's in? - then we'll know numbers:

Wallace
Steve

raj
19-10-2009, 14:34
Wallace
Steve
Raj

Frix
19-10-2009, 15:08
£165 guys. Any good? i need at least 11 ordered. I guess i could do postage cheaper but i havent seen the size or dimensions of the box. i would only want to send recorded delivery but im guessing £6.50 is like the max it would cost.

is this the one? :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-UEGO-Lambda-Wideband-AFR-Gauge-w-Bosch-Sensor_W0QQitemZ330328896673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce922f4a1

Wallace
19-10-2009, 17:36
Yeap thats certainly the one i've been looking into (and kenobi too hopefully:D)

Plug and play kinda jobby........

gttjames
19-10-2009, 19:30
170ish with postage sounds good!

Wallace
Steve
Raj
gttjames

Ian S
19-10-2009, 19:59
Does the large innovate one also measure and show the CO as well as the O2?

I was thinking of adding my name to this list but just realised that at the MOT my cars Lambda was OK. It was the CO at idle and fast idle that were a bit high.

I think that's what I need to be monitoring.

Though I am to some extent considering the making of a Megasquirt and if I did that, one of these AEM might be needed after all.

Frix
19-10-2009, 20:02
Wallace
Steve
Raj
gttjames
frix (when do we need to pay by?)

JRP
19-10-2009, 20:04
Who is running this group buy? im confused :) the second duncs pays me for my roll cage ile put my name down :)

Wallace
19-10-2009, 22:06
I've been trying to keep the momentum going:D

I've just PM'd kenobi, basically he can supply at the same sort of prices that i've found through random suppliers...........So it just makes sense to buy them from him!

I guess that means - "he da man:smokin:"

But that just needs confirming................

Wallace
19-10-2009, 22:08
Wallace
Steve
Raj
gttjames
frix (when do we need to pay by?)

Mate assuming all goes to plan, gotta be within the next week or 2.................or maybe sooner if Kenobi supplies them and needs payment up front!

Keep checking the thread............:agree:

raj
27-10-2009, 11:08
count me out of this now as ive just bought one for just under £170 delivered.

there was 10 available yesterday and now it seems there only 1 left after i purchased one:eek: so if your after one,get in there quick. > eBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270475824752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

so the original list is now -

Wallace
Steve
gttjames
frix

gttjames
27-10-2009, 12:24
Nice one raj, i have just done the same

Wallace
27-10-2009, 19:06
jwracing:agree:

Cheers for the heads up Raj - to be honest this clearly died a death from the lack of interest.........

Cheers to Kenobi too for looking into these.............much appreciated:agree:

Matt Cole
27-10-2009, 22:11
I heard our very own Scoff has something to do with zeitronix distribution. As ashy has mentioned its a bloody good reliable bit of kit!!;)