PDA

View Full Version : Water In My Swirl Pot

redrocket29
06-10-2009, 06:54
When Undoing The Lid On My Swirl Pot To Check The Water I Found The Water Was Murky On Top Then When I Rubbed My Finger Round The Edge Of It There Was Small Sort Rusty Coloured Lumps that were soft. Could This Be Due To The Car Having Sat Around For Sometime, A Dirty Pot Or The Head Gasket? Anyone Any Ideas? or need a good flush through

Os8472
06-10-2009, 07:55
When Undoing The Lid On My Swirl Pot To Check The Water I Found The Water Was Murky On Top Then When I Rubbed My Finger Round The Edge Of It There Was Small Sort Rusty Coloured Lumps that were soft. Could This Be Due To The Car Having Sat Around For Sometime, A Dirty Pot Or The Head Gasket? Anyone Any Ideas? or need a good flush through

If its just brown coloured it proberly needs a damn good flushing, if its more of a creamy colour then you've oil and water mixing.

Start with a flush first and don't just drain the coolant and put resh stuff in, get ya hose pipe and stuff it in the ports on the water pump, take the rad off and stick the pipe in one end and leave it there till the water runs clean from the other end

redrocket29
06-10-2009, 12:15
If its just brown coloured it proberly needs a damn good flushing, if its more of a creamy colour then you've oil and water mixing.

Start with a flush first and don't just drain the coolant and put resh stuff in, get ya hose pipe and stuff it in the ports on the water pump, take the rad off and stick the pipe in one end and leave it there till the water runs clean from the other end

i think they are iv put two pics on my profile of what is coming out have a look and let me no what u think

redrocket29
06-10-2009, 12:17
i think they are iv put two pics on my profile of what is coming out have a look and let me no what u think
the pics

Brigsy
06-10-2009, 12:23
flush it out, it will be fine. Refill with proper mix of coolant to stop it happening in future.

redrocket29
06-10-2009, 12:39
any coolant do you reconmend one ? i no its 50/50

Brigsy
06-10-2009, 13:01
Any from your local motorfactors will do. The renault stuff is good but not really essential.

Os8472
06-10-2009, 17:35
flush it out, it will be fine. Refill with proper mix of coolant to stop it happening in future.

:agree:

markey b
06-10-2009, 18:28
if ya get stuck, my house is only down the road and its a 48hour non-stop garage at weekend :agree:

redrocket29
07-10-2009, 06:52
if ya get stuck, my house is only down the road and its a 48hour non-stop garage at weekend :agree:

wicked mate if its not raining i'll pop over sat i got my coolant to flush it throuh sat put new spark plugs in yesterday. just trying to track some new leads and roter arm a distributer cap down cause mine look ****