PDA

View Full Version : this month somtime 2 years ago, i got my first and only gtt.

dave j gtt
05-10-2009, 22:24
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4990

Since i last posted on this project topic which is of my car, 6-7 (http://6-7) months ago,I have not realy done much except keep it running and fix usual wear and tear. Replaced Engine mounts.

OOO yeah i took the dash out for nothing :crap: :laugh: broke down and towed home once, due to silly rac guy and my shoddy earth :sad2:.

Well the oil leak ended up being the OE oil pressure sensor or sensors in my case, mates car had same prob but just the bottem oil feed pressure sensor. **** crack ..

Any thing like that aint good, Turbo oil feed leaking, is crying out for turbo failure lucky mine didnt pack up back then, i always checked and toped up the oil when needed will have helped...

Now 7 months on turbo smokes on rev down from time to time...
It dose need a oil change now and i think the oil might be getting a tad hot from time to time.

time will tell, dont know what to do. thinking last few months i need a new car/van as a daily driver as thats what my gtt is for, I must state it has been very good cheap/fast/fun.

But am needing to have a change, not thru not enjoying, just my car needs love, dont want to just keep driving it as it is for some reason.

A - Put it in my garage were it lives anyway to just sit there. getting an engine rebuild / new turbo / respray suspention and treasure.

B - A different engine ( diesel ) for the time being or maybe get sumat that can pull..

C - Or cant belive am saying it, sell to help fund for a van.

I have had brief thinkings on "C" :scared: NO WAY, So am left with "A" or "B" and dont have money to do "A" unless cutting corners and getting some second hand bits, so unless i could get very good products the second hand ideas in the bin.

So am left with "B" and that way i can rebuild my c1j in my own good time.

Like i say am after some thing different, weather it be more power/ less power / bigger/ smaller, i would love to turn my boost up but am now on my limit with oe t2 , cam, Fort of turning my boost down but hey that aint gonna be easy...

dave j gtt
05-10-2009, 22:34
Car been out to manchester today, Me and the missus went shopping at the trafford centre. think its going out for last drive no and then its getting love ha made my mind up its getting "A" unless someone got a got diesel idea ....

Lewis
05-10-2009, 23:55
Diesel idea could be nice, renault f series turbo diesel should mount ok on the subframe with the right mounts.

Not sure if there would be enough room to run all the ancillaries though, would need some measurement.

By the time you've bought an engine and spent the time getting in in and running though it would have been easier and quicker and probably cheaper to just rebuild the c1j and run it in standard spec.

dave j gtt
06-10-2009, 01:11
have ran it standard , up the boost , up'd again. now i know what it feels like an am acustom to it , its fun , but change is good , change is fun. i been driving 10 years now and have had asorts of old cars, its the longest ive been able to keep a car for.

think i just need to go for it, but i will end up spending spending spending and never getting back , weres i have enjoyed and could continue to enjoy just as it is and fix as and when needed.

prob is when rebuilding things , things can, and do go wrong and i cant be arsed throwing money away. like now am reluct:confused:ant to buy new turbo and cam , upgrade oil and air cooling due to it being and old and worn engine that i dont have 100% certainty in it being a good one, so engine needs to be rebuilt like a fine art before i can have any more power which sucks. i dont wanna gamble with another engine i got either.

thing is i reckon am going to keep this car and work on it forever just at the moment am niether commited or thinking about it, i just drive it, and i can think of compfy cars to drive, its fun ... i just dont think i can justify spending as much as i would need to, to get it up to a standard were i would be happy.

i know am going to buy another r5gtt at some point, black , electric blue or sliver p2 for me :wasntme: