PDA

View Full Version : dumpvalve

jonnyshaw49
05-10-2009, 12:34
just a quick one, when the cars idling it is running negative vaccum right? the dumpvalve doesnt work when idling and will only work when the cars moving and building positive vacuum? is this right thanks

Scoff
05-10-2009, 13:00
vacuum is negative gauge pressure, so not negative vacuum, but I think that's what you ment, i.e less than 0 on the manifold gauge.

vacuum pulls the valve open at idle, once the pressure in the manifold gets close to that in the boost pipe then it'll shut. opens again to vent when you shut the throttle and the vacuum returns.

jonnyshaw49
07-10-2009, 17:53
got a gt tuning dv on the car took it for a quick spin up my lane n wudnt go off. its recirc on that goes back into telephone hose any ideas???

TrixNFlix
07-10-2009, 18:10
got a gt tuning dv on the car took it for a quick spin up my lane n wudnt go off. its recirc on that goes back into telephone hose any ideas???

Ive never had a recirculated one but the idea is the air gets moved back into the front of the turbo, so should be quite hence why you cant hear big noise.

TrixNFlix
07-10-2009, 18:14
On the other hand If youve used it before and it makes a noise, you have an air leak , which could be the silicone hose to the dumpvalve or the spring and/ or diaphram in the valve are broke.

So if their is an air leak this isn't to good for your renix unit, and could be advancing the timing on boost, which isnt too good.

jonnyshaw49
07-10-2009, 20:04
i have never heard it dumping just bought it and put it on, just wonderng wether someting was piped wrong or split diapragm or like u say air leak could be the problem thanks