PDA

View Full Version : Tungy Grey paint shades

Jonny5
05-10-2009, 09:28
Does anyone know how much the seven shades of tungy differ, cause currently gettin my 5 ready for its respray and im using two second hand wings of a F reg tungy 5.Compared to mine they are a really light shade where as mine is a G reg an the original paint has more of a darker greeny bluey tinge to it still very tungy grey tho. So does anyone have any experience of this or way of identifiying paint to year? just wanna make sure get the nicest shade.

rs250nut
05-10-2009, 10:11
Does anyone know how much the seven shades of tungy differ, cause currently gettin my 5 ready for its respray and im using two second hand wings of a F reg tungy 5.Compared to mine they are a really light shade where as mine is a G reg an the original paint has more of a darker greeny bluey tinge to it still very tungy grey tho. So does anyone have any experience of this or way of identifiying paint to year? just wanna make sure get the nicest shade.

There are mutiple of diffrent shades for a reason, where the cars were painted at birth one machine would have to paint more than one colour red, blue, black, silver, yellow etc so when it came to paint another colour the machine would be cleaned out for the next colour but traces of the previous colour would remain hence why you have a light shade , dark shade, blue shade, red shade etc. Who ever paints it will use the standard shade.

Jonny5
05-10-2009, 10:28
Surely renault being a big car company wouldnt be so lazy as to not clean out the guns before spraying .Also wouldnt they hav a gun for every colour seeing as all colours were in production through out the phase 2 era. An more than one colour would have been have been sprayed at same time. I might be wrong but seems a little amateur way of spraying cars for a massive company like renault.

Arrows
05-10-2009, 11:12
Surely renault being a big car company wouldnt be so lazy as to not clean out the guns before spraying .Also wouldnt they hav a gun for every colour seeing as all colours were in production through out the phase 2 era. An more than one colour would have been have been sprayed at same time. I might be wrong but seems a little amateur way of spraying cars for a massive company like renault.

We are talking 20 plus years ago do not forget, what seems wrong now was probably right then.

Scoff
05-10-2009, 11:44
our old paint shop listed 7 shades for tungsten grey.

rs250nut
05-10-2009, 12:17

They are cleaned out like I said in my previous post only when you have gallons upon gallons of paint being used its its not an easy job to clean every last bit of paint out. Trust me I know a little bit more than most when it comes to painting i've been in the trade 13 years and work for one of the biggest motor yacht and super yacht firms in the world, any old joe would not be trusted to paint 10 million pounds plus worth of boats:coffee:

rs250nut
05-10-2009, 12:18
our old paint shop listed 7 shades for tungsten grey.

I can believe it, some colours have more

Jonny5
05-10-2009, 16:00
They are cleaned out like I said in my previous post only when you have gallons upon gallons of paint being used its its not an easy job to clean every last bit of paint out. Trust me I know a little bit more than most when it comes to painting i've been in the trade 13 years and work for one of the biggest motor yacht and super yacht firms in the world, any old joe would not be trusted to paint 10 million pounds plus worth of boats:coffee:

Ok i trust you, prob shades wud differ too depending on where the car was made or were all gt turbos made in same factory?