PDA

View Full Version : Removing tailgate

diggerdog36
29-09-2009, 22:56
As per title, but, how the hell do I it. I just cant see how to get the thing off!!

Bigfoot
29-09-2009, 22:59
Disconnect the wires on the NS behind the rear lights. disconnect the tubing on OS for washer jets behind the rear lights. Remove rear lights, possible upper light covers. remove struts by pulling out the clip which holds it in place. Pop off struts. Remove plastic cover inside boot on roof if still there. Yes star screw driver to undo both bolts holding on the hinges, Slide wiring out and tubing from either side, might need to use a screw driver to break the glue and tailgate is off with a little wiggle.

Bigfoot
29-09-2009, 23:00
Maybe not in that order but you should get the idea, easier with two people removing it though.

diggerdog36
30-09-2009, 16:05
star screw driver to undo both bolts holding on the hinges,
Its this bit I was struggling with, I assumed I had to pull the little pin out of the hinge. So there are bolts inside the car??

Bigfoot
30-09-2009, 16:09
Its this bit I was struggling with, I assumed I had to pull the little pin out of the hinge. So there are bolts inside the car??

Yes bolts going through the roof at the back. You may have the plastic cover hiding them.

James5
30-09-2009, 16:09

Remove the plastic trim at the rear of the car on the roof and you will find the 2 x tork headed bolts T55 I think

Bigfoot
30-09-2009, 16:11
Remove the plastic trim at the rear of the car on the roof and you will find the 2 x tork headed bolts T55 I think

They are around T40 more like it, my head bolts were T55, had to buy one that size individually as my set only went up to T50 :(

James5
30-09-2009, 16:19
They are around T40 more like it, my head bolts were T55, had to buy one that size individually as my set only went up to T50 :(

:laugh: it's been sometime since I have needed to remove a tailgate, that be why I have t55 in my head then from head bolts.
:ashamed: