PDA

View Full Version : Charge cooler hybrid???

TrixNFlix
29-09-2009, 19:53
Ok right, maybe so dumb questions, but its the only way you learn.
If i were to run a chargecooler, would there be any gains to be had by mounting it round the grill area side on so airflow when the car is moving could lower the temp. I know this could cause a bit of a longer pipe flow and so may hamper throttle response. Then what about welding on some heatsink fins onto the charge cooler. Am i being stupid, is it worth it?:scratch::ashamed:

TrixNFlix
29-09-2009, 22:49
Someone must have an opinion?:scratch:

Mart
29-09-2009, 22:54
Might help a bit, maybe, but keeping the water cool/cold in general is more ideal.

mike r5 gtt
29-09-2009, 23:04
just get a front mount!!!using warm coolant to cool air doesnt work!!!!!!:devil:

TrixNFlix
29-09-2009, 23:19
Might help a bit, maybe, but keeping the water cool/cold in general is more ideal.

What I'm getting at is running a normal charge cooler setup with pump and one or two rads, mounting the charge cooler in a front mount position with loads of heatsink fins all over it to aid heat dissipation. With a constant flow of air when your moving that got to help water temps alot hasn't it? :scratch:

boostjunky
30-09-2009, 12:07
I'm not sure that would really help much tbh. Just get a decent charge cooler rad and mounting that in a prominent/efficient place.