PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Radbourne Car?

Blot
26-09-2009, 20:54
Finally delivered this evening, too dark to have a real good look but seems a lot of car (and Spares :))

Told the history was it was built specifically to run in the RAC, was rolled, new shell obtained from Renault and seam welded as per group n requirements There is a load of instructions on welding and all the group N specifications for the car....mostly in french :crap:

Anyone (Master??) know this car?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3563.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3562.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3566.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3567.jpg

D4WNO
26-09-2009, 21:18
Looks like it, lol

J$£5GTT
26-09-2009, 22:22
it may or may not have a stamp or something in engine bay on strut tops??

dave-sbs
26-09-2009, 22:38
tweety pie tuning more like :D

Blot
27-09-2009, 10:20
it may or may not have a stamp or something in engine bay on strut tops??

:agree:

Will have a look whilst I fail miserably to reconnect the brake servo today

Blot
27-09-2009, 10:22
tweety pie tuning more like :D

Daffy duck and bugs bloody bunny painted on it's arse too

:dearme:

Kris M
27-09-2009, 10:33
My Radbourne cup car has "RAD 1" stamped into the O/S strut top. Have a look there :)

Blot
27-09-2009, 10:39
My Radbourne cup car has "RAD 1" stamped into the O/S strut top. Have a look there :)

:cool:

Will do

:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-09-2009, 10:42
Radbourne Racing were the offical parts importer for the Cup series... so perhaps its just a shell from there...

e

Blot
27-09-2009, 10:48
Radbourne Racing were the offical parts importer for the Cup series... so perhaps its just a shell from there...

e

Aii, could well be. Apparently a london based company had it built and owned it purely to run the RAC

Would be :cool: to find out before it combusts :cry:

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-09-2009, 11:47
Aii, could well be. Apparently a london based company had it built and owned it purely to run the RAC

Would be :cool: to find out before it combusts :cry:

Interesting, funny how its road legal to, unlike most "cup" cars etc...

I think what may have happened is the people did the shell change using a road legal car as a donor car...

I have thought about doing the same with my cup car shell and keep all the good bits thats on it...

Blot
27-09-2009, 11:53
Interesting, funny how its road legal to, unlike most "cup" cars etc...

I think what may have happened is the people did the shell change using a road legal car as a donor car...

I have thought about doing the same with my cup car shell and keep all the good bits thats on it...

Would have had to be road legal for the RAC so guessing original build may have been strip down and conversion of a standard road registered GTT. Once rolled, new shell gave opportunity to get the spec required...perhaps :confused:

The new Bill J
27-09-2009, 12:06
Some coupe's were converted to road cars after the series ended.

Renault London had 45 of them that they couldn't sell, so they were converted and sold off as road cars.

Blot
27-09-2009, 12:17
Some coupe's were converted to road cars after the series ended.

Renault London had 45 of them that they couldn't sell, so they were converted and sold off as road cars.

:niceone:

Off to have a good look, watch the start of the GP and enjoy the sun :)

Blot
27-09-2009, 17:14
Plus points so far

It starts 1st time :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3580.jpg

All switches work including fan switch, leccy windows, all navigators clocks etc, map light, air horn via navigator foot rest. cut off switches and fire extinguishers work.

De Carbon suspension, which leads to thinking possibly was one of the cup cars??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/blot/DSCF3571.jpg

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-09-2009, 18:19
Could well be Blot, the problem is you will have very little chance of finding out....:(

Blot
27-09-2009, 18:50
:cry:

Its got a devil sticker, it must be one....:crap::sad2:

Gonna have to bite the bullet and pay for it to get back on road me thinks, working/traveling stupid hours/miles at mo :cry:

dave-sbs
27-09-2009, 19:53
pock will love you again :) , hows rk coping with another renault in the yard?

Blot
27-09-2009, 20:07
pock will love you again :) , hows rk coping with another renault in the yard?

Not 100% cert it'll go to pock, may go to 6r4 mate, need to catch up with him when he's back but then again pock knows his way round a 5 after recent years....dunno! :confused:

Andrew Cooke
27-09-2009, 20:39
I doubt you'd use cup dampers on a rally car, they will at the least be valved differently. Pull the cover up and see if they're the thick tube type.

Blot
27-09-2009, 20:47
I doubt you'd use cup dampers on a rally car, they will at the least be valved differently. Pull the cover up and see if they're the thick tube type.

At the mo Andrew there are a few things that puzzle (other than anything mechanical!) It sits so low yet has armour plated gravel spec sump and fuel tank guards? Fair do's if last stage or rally was tarmac

You wouldn't have pics or measurements of thinner/thick tubes would you? (no worries if not to hand, just wouldn't know the difference!)

:)

Andrew Cooke
27-09-2009, 20:53
I don't have them, but it's really obvious, they're around 30mm rather than around 12mm. Actually, the other clue is there will be a small nut on the bottom of the damper where the damper shaft is held on, you can just see it in the picture I attached, and on the bottom of the removed damper shaft.

Blot
27-09-2009, 20:56

If photographic memory serves me correctly, then they are the thicker ones and the spare set are possibly thinner :agree: And pretty sure they are as you describe thanks

Will only be doing tarmac stages, gravel/set up/tyres/damage ain't in my budget!